Is there a "run when needed" option for CS convoys?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Professor Chaos

Is there a "run when needed" option for CS convoys?

Post by Professor Chaos »

New player here (although I first cut my teeth on "Guadalcanal Campaign" in the 1980s!)

I'm starting with the Guadalcanal scenario, and I'm wondering if there's a way to auto-deliver supplies only when needed to outlying bases.

I want to stockpile supplies in Noumea, but only make deliveries to places like Espiritu Santo when they need more.
As I understand it, a CS convoy from Noumea to Espiritu will transfer supplies until I stop it manually. Is there a way to have convoys only run when needed, or is my only choice to assemble a new convoy when I see an outlying base low on supplies?
Bullwinkle58

RE: Is there a "run when needed" option for CS convoys?

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Auto-convoy only delivers when the receiving base needs the goods. But this feature only runs form two bases for the Allies and I believe one for Japan.

CS runs until told to stop, or the ships need repair, or there's noting to load. Demand is not part of the thing.

If you want to see who needs supply open the base screen and sort the appropriate column. Or use Tracker.

Edit: sorry. Didn't see you're in a scenario. My points refer to the GC. Auto-convoy is used there. Still isn't any way to make CS demand-driven.
The Moose
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

There is also a graphical representation in the map; a yellow exclamation when running low. and it becomes red when you run out

it is not so much of an issue; just park a reasonable number of *AKs/ *AKs in Noumea.

One load can be good enough for many months

Feltan

Post by Feltan »

Welcome to the forums!

Regards,
Feltan
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Welcome to the forums!

As said already, CS are never demand driven. The only way to achieve something similar is to reduce the CS delivery capability to the supply demand of the destination. You could create a single barge CS for example. In the Guadalcanal campaign it might be advisable though to simply deliver a couple of week's worth to the destination and check the status from time to time.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”