Extra Missile Launched After Kill

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

NefariousKoel

Extra Missile Launched After Kill

Post by NefariousKoel »

I've had both Air and Land targets get two more missiles fired right when they are destroyed by a previous salvo of same. The Engage AI is burning up extra ammo when set to auto-engage like this. Thus far I've seen it with Tomahawks and ESSMs from the DDG in tutorial #3 and may be an issue with the others.
Primarchx

RE: Extra Missile Launched After Kill

Post by Primarchx »

Interesting. I've seen a re-engage when the first pair misses and even a single missile launched when the first of a pair misses but before the second in that pair destroys the target. Never seen a pair launched prior to the preceding pair missing, though.

BTW, HOLD FIRE is a good option if you want more granular control of attacks. The AI will not fire but you can still manually assign attacks as normal.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

All the buildings were struck and killed in the first volley. Whether the first missile had missed (before the second struck), I have no idea but it didn't wait to see if the second missile achieved a kill before sending a couple more. They first salvo had been launched at the pretty much the same time, so maybe it just didn't wait to see if they were all effective before re-engaging.

I will load it up and see if it happens again.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Two more playthroughs from a save point right in front didn't do the same thing. No additional missiles were fired at dead targets. *shrug* It definitely happened the first time around. Just some freak decision?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”