Command:Modern Air Naval Ops

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

CapitanPiluso

Command:Modern Air Naval Ops

Post by CapitanPiluso »

U$S 80 download edition ......[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Command:Modern Air Naval Ops

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Hell yeah!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Definitely hard to spend that kind of money on a game I've never had any experience with. I was able to pull the trigger on the higher priced game's WITP and then WITP AE because I had experience with he games predecessor and more or less knew what I was getting but I don't believe this game has a predecessor and I've never played the Harpoon series which I've seen people draw comparisons to. Really was looking forward to this but I guess I'll have to wait a few years till it's on a holiday sale or something.

I can understand the need for high pricing on huge scaled games like this just a little disappointing to have to wait awhile to play it.
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Patience is a virtue
And virtue is a grace
Grace is a little girl
Who wouldn't wash her face.

Yup I am gonna have to wait a few years too [:'(]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
RockKahn

Post by RockKahn »

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

Definitely hard to spend that kind of money on a game I've never had any experience with. I was able to pull the trigger on the higher priced game's WITP and then WITP AE because I had experience with he games predecessor and more or less knew what I was getting but I don't believe this game has a predecessor and I've never played the Harpoon series which I've seen people draw comparisons to. Really was looking forward to this but I guess I'll have to wait a few years till it's on a holiday sale or something.

I can understand the need for high pricing on huge scaled games like this just a little disappointing to have to wait awhile to play it.

This game has many similarities to Harpoon. There is a Harpoon demo available. If you're interested in getting a feel for what this game is all about, you might consider trying it. I believe it says the latest OS version it works on is XP, but I ran it on Win 7 64 bit OK. The Harpoon UI is a little clunky. CMANO is much better in that respect.
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
wodin

Post by wodin »

A demo of the tutorial scenarios would give me enough info on whether to buy or not..otherwise I can't take the chance of it not being my cup of tea. The price doesn't surprise me as it's been hinted at that it will be a premium price point game. I'm sure for those who love this type of wargame it's a no second thought purchase..however I can't do it without knowing I'm going to really enjoy it.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I agree with you wodin, there is no way I'm going to pay $90 without a demo. A simple demo would tell me if I want it or not. AArs' and youtube videos don't cut it.
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

I will just play my usual waiting game. Either people will continue to gush about how awesome it is, or, eventually, they will start stabbing it in the back.

This happened to War in the East, Commander WW1, and a few other games hereabouts. They start off the best thing since swiss cheese, and eventually they become "unplayable in the current state". Oh, and the price will have gone down/Christmas sale/insert other sale will have come about too.

A demo would be nice of course....
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I can't swing the money for an $80 game, but I'm not going to say anything more than that. [:)]
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I was looking at the youtube demo. Man that game looks complicated! [X(]
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Oh I don't care if it is $80. I have seen the list of scenarios...a lot of content there. And to be honest, I was paying anywhere from $50, to $90 back in the 80's and 90's for just about any game.

Of course, the big difference then was (usually) the box of goodies you got with the game, and for this baby, that would mean about $110 australian dollars, excluding postage.

No, the main reason I am waiting is because it is not really set in my preferred time frames. If this was a super WW1-between the wars-WW2-early cold war game, I would pounce on it immediately. I get enough modern war in real life.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Frankly, it's not the price which lets me hesitate to pick up this game, it's rather the fact that I obtained a 15" MacBook Pro past year and don't want to sacrifice storage of it's 256 GB SSD for a Windows installation.

That said, I still have my old Win7 machine, but switching from Mac to PC feels like a fallback to stone age. So I solely play games anymore which come with a native OSX client, like Paradox products. It's sad that Matrix still develop for Windows only, even many indie studios nowadays also consider OSX and Linux.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Patience is a virtue
And virtue is a grace
Grace is a little girl
Who wouldn't wash her face.

Yup I am gonna have to wait a few years too [:'(]

Cheers

Jev

[:D]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Economics are economics, if you can't afford this game right now this is unfortunate, if you can or want to save for this game, then do so as I believe its worth every cent you pay. Potentially 1000s of hours of game time to be had. The game comes with around 35 scenarios both small and large You can relive battles from the Korean Peninsula to the Falklands the GIUK Gap or somewhere in the middle of the Arabian Desert.
This game is infinitely more playable than any of is predecessors. You won't have to wait for dozens of Battle Sets to create your own favourite battle, you can do it NOW! You can almost create battles from the middle of WW2 to the near future.
Let me give folks out there a snap shot of the games potential.
A few nights ago I decided to create a quick scenario with the editor, and I chose a subject I sure not many gamers would have considered, a little fictitious incident in 1950, when grumpy Franco decided he wanted to visit the Barbary Apes and sent a small flotilla to invade Gibraltar. To save the waves I created a small Carrier Taskforce which included a Courageous Class carrier and 3 or 4 supporting ships. the air wing had 8 Barracudas and 6 Fireflies. Half of the Barracudas were loaded with MKXV11 torpedoes the other 4 with rockets and 500Lb bombs.
without having to create a an AI plan any attack doctrine etc etc I sent out my attack aircraft to sink the Spanish flotilla, well at the end of the day all my torpedoes missed, but I managed to get a bomb hit and a few rockets to land on a destroyer which eventually sunk. I suppose at the end of the day Britannia didn't rule the waves but it was sure fun watching those little Barracudas dropping their torps and dodging the Spanish AA. [:D]
Formerly Goodwood

Return to “General Discussion”