Cache not rebuilding?

Pride of Nations is a turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control of a country and guides it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization. This release from AGEOD follows such successful historical strategy games as Birth of America, American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, Rise of Prussia and Wars in America.
Rosseau

Cache not rebuilding?

Post by Rosseau »

I've had no problem with other Ageod games removing the models cache file, editing a few units, and starting game, which rebuilds cache. When I do this in PoN, game stops responding during Data load. Even if I replace the original cache and files, I have to re-install the game. Not exactly mod-friendly.

Can anyone guess what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
loki100

RE: Cache not rebuilding?

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I've had no problem with other Ageod games removing the models cache file, editing a few units, and starting game, which rebuilds cache. When I do this in PoN, game stops responding during Data load. Even if I replace the original cache and files, I have to re-install the game. Not exactly mod-friendly.

Can anyone guess what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

It sounds correct, ie you are doing the right things. You could try modding directly in the cache rather than in the individual files - the routine for this is on the AGEWiki.

I'd suggest putting this post up over on the AGEOD tech help forum, more traffic and more likely that someone with a lot more modding experience will see it (I tend to limit myself to amending/adding scripts)
Rosseau

RE: Cache not rebuilding?

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks Loki. The game itself seems pretty formidable compared to RUS, so I may stick to what I know for now [;)]

Return to “Pride of Nations”