PS3/4

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

At Ease

PS3/4

Post by At Ease »

Has there been any thought as to porting Command over to playstation console if pc sales are good?
Kipper

RE: PS3/4

Post by Kipper »

Isn't hoping for a Kinect version. I have been been working on gestures to suggest to the devs. Some examples: pinching your nose means "INCREASE DEPTH", flapping your arms means "INCREASE ALTITUDE." One I am struggling with is a motion for unloading ordnance.
At Ease

Post by At Ease »

Also is there a quick play option..ai drops you into a random scenerio?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

ORIGINAL: Kipper

Isn't hoping for a Kinect version. I have been been working on gestures to suggest to the devs. Some examples: pinching your nose means "INCREASE DEPTH", flapping your arms means "INCREASE ALTITUDE." One I am struggling with is a motion for unloading ordnance.
farting?

Load up on beans before each mission.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

LOL. No but let me pitch this to JD.

Mike
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Actually, the idea of "quick play" isn't that wacky. The ability to randomize parameters (side, forces, location, mission) and generate missions on the fly to just jump into would be a nifty feature. Whether it would be either possible or worth the time and resources is another question, but I've had people on other forums ask about such a thing.
At Ease

Post by At Ease »

Actually i was thinking something much easier...game already has 30+ scenarios so just press quick play,ai drops you into a random scenario from existing dataset and off you go!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Very unlikely..this isn't a game the console crowd will be interested in.
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Well, I think a lot of people would be interested in a "quick battle" feature, where you could, say, specify a range of years (1985-90), forces (NATO/WP), and a region (GIUK Gap), along with other parameters optionally (strike, ASW, convoy, etc.), and have the game toss up a mission with objectives, etc. and canned briefings. Sort of a refined version of quick battles in the Combat Mission system. I think it'd be interesting to offer both a "pick your forces" option and a completely randomized w/in parameters option. Again, this is something some grogs on another forum were talking about, so it's something I think might have appeal.

Doesn't matter to me much because I'm buying this sucker as soon as I can. And yeah, most folks are going to want specific scenarios I think. But I'd be up for a random SSN vs. Battlegroup thing or something like that sometimes I'm guessing.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”