RUSSIAN REVOLUTION

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

RUSSIAN REVOLUTION

Post by operating »

For all you players out there; When Russia surrenders, all the cities she has captured go back to the original owners. All captured land hexes do the same. English units on Russian owed Turkey hexes all returned to the production panel.

I'm in the final throughs of an MP match, much to my chagrin the above happened. During the match CP did not attack my Russian Eastern Front (part of his strategy), lined it with units to prevent a Russian push West.. Because CP knew the game rule penalty on Russia, which meant that he really did not have to attack the Russians, just wait them out, while having a strong offense elsewhere. Russia was decimating Turkey, even taking Bagdad, but it did not seem that Russia was gaining NM % from these victories (capturing cities) in MP. In the AI setting those Vic built NM %s.

Russia surrendered with a huge well conditioned army, with a good reseach.

I propose that the Russian penalty of Jan 1916 be either random to a later date or less NM% penalty. Or meet other conditions, to force CP to attack the Russians to acheive the Russian NM penalty. For an educated/experienced player in this game has a decisive advantage.

In another match CP did a strong offense and took several Russian cities. Then in the months before Jan 1916, waited for the clock to run out till Jan 1916, sending units west in the meantime, again because CP knew the game rules.

Was CP doing this in real time in 1915-6?

When Russia did surrender real time, CP units were froze there till they were absolutely sure of the Russian surrender. The same should be true in this game up to 2 hexes back of the Russian border.

My above quote, was pasted from the Slitherine forum, thread, "Russian Revolution making it right". If the readers here, (who are not aware), there is a forum over on Slitherine about CTGW. (Personelly, I like the Matrix forum better for it's all around function (s), and participation)
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

RE: RUSSIAN REVOLUTION

Post by kirk23 »

As I stated over on the Slitherine forum, I have altered the Russian in game Revolution scripts, and they have been sent to the game designers, for evaluation and more testing, I myself have tested the new settings, and Russia's February Revolution does not take place until February 1917, this first Revolution actually was a positive for Russia, the standard game script penalised Russia for this event with a reduction in National Morale, I have reversed the negative penalty, and Russia now receives a National Morale boost for this event.[;)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

As I stated over on the Slitherine forum, I have altered the Russian in game Revolution scripts, and they have been sent to the game designers, for evaluation and more testing, I myself have tested the new settings, and Russia's February Revolution does not take place until February 1917, this first Revolution actually was a positive for Russia, the standard game script penalised Russia for this event with a reduction in National Morale, I have reversed the negative penalty, and Russia now receives a National Morale boost for this event.[;)]

If what you say happens; You will make my "Entente heart", fill with pride, also, that would make CTGW all that much more rounded.
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk,
What are the terms or conditions to have a second Russian revolution (date, NM, ect..)? Also, What exactly takes place when this does happen?
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

Kirk,
What are the terms or conditions to have a second Russian revolution (date, NM, ect..)? Also, What exactly takes place when this does happen?

Here are the current Russian Revolution trigger event requirements!

-- February revolution
function FebruaryRevolution()
if GetEvent("FebruaryRevolution") == 0 and GetEvent("OctoberRevolution") ~= 0 then
if game.date.year >= 1917 then
local russia = game:GetFactionById(4)
if russia.morale < 50 then
SetEvent("FebruaryRevolution", game.turn)
ChangeFactionMorale(russia, 15)
end
end
end
end

-- October revolution
function OctoberRevolution()
if GetEvent("OctoberRevolution") == 0 then
if game.date.year >= 1917 then
local russia = game:GetFactionById(4)
if russia.morale <= 40 then
SetEvent("OctoberRevolution", game.turn)
ChangeFactionMorale(russia, -30)
end
end
end
end

If Russian morale is above 40% in October 1917,then the October Revolution event will not trigger in game,but if Russian morale is below 40% in October 1917 then the event will trigger,and Russia will take a 30% morale hit.
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk,

When Russia surrenders in MP: Do all Russian captured Turkish hexes (including cities) revert back to Turkish control in a MP match? Like in a Russian Surrender in SP?

Curious, Bob

<edit>
What is NM% loss to owner for losing city?
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

Kirk,

When Russia surrenders in MP: Do all Russian captured Turkish hexes (including cities) revert back to Turkish control in a MP match? Like in a Russian Surrender in SP?

Curious, Bob

As I don't play MP:The simple answer is I don't know,but it should do the same as a single player game.[&:]
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”