[REL] [RotS] Spock Era - Star Trek v1.1

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Pete76

RE: [REL] Spock Era - Star Trek v1.0

Post by Pete76 »

Went through the rest of the MODs, and you really sound like you have your hands full with getting them set for Legends. Just removing my idiot first paragraph here. I'll be going down to the Return of the Shakturi Expansion just for these, really want to play them. They look great! Leaving the rest of the post as is, because these just look that good! [X(]

Great MODs though Igard, and thanks for going through all of this. Also for the contributors to some great models and constructive input [&o]. Really looking forward to running some good games in all of these MODs [:D].

Igard

RE: [REL] Spock Era - Star Trek v1.1

Post by Igard »

Here's a mirror for those having problems with mediafire. Not an update I'm sorry to say, it's still only for Return of the Shakturi.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22815698/Star+Trek+Spock+Era+v1.1.zip

Just having a look at some of the comments here from over a year ago. Let's hope we've got this mod updated for Shadows sooner than this time next year![X(]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

IGard, I was looking at your V11 Stormbird again. I do not remember all those small parts when I put the ship together (probably before you were born -- now there is a scary thought)... the grills, and so on. Was yours and ERTL kit?
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

IGard, I was looking at your V11 Stormbird again. I do not remember all those small parts when I put the ship together (probably before you were born -- now there is a scary thought)... the grills, and so on. Was yours and ERTL kit?

No it's a Revell kit. Only released about a year ago. It's based on a CGI model used in the DS9 crossover episode 'Trials and Tribble-ations' where they go back in time to Kirk's era.

I made alot of modifations to the kit. Removed some grills and replaced with my own scratch built ones. And of course the paint and hull markings are an original concept by a very talented artist who now works on Star Trek Online.
mbk2043

Post by mbk2043 »

Does anyone have a current link where I can get this mod? Both seem to be dead-ends now

Keep getting redirects & 'search' brings up tons of stuff but not the zip file
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hey mbk2043, I've updated the link. Sometimes Gamefront takes files down. The mediafire link still works for countries that allow it.

Here's the new gamefront link :- http://www.gamefront.com/files/23161922/Star+Trek+Spock+Era+v1.1.zip

Remember, this mod is only for Return of the Shakturi.
klarch

Post by klarch »

Thanks for the upload. I was gonna ask for this soon (I'm still playing Archer Era, but I've got all the others).

Superb job on these.
mbk2043

Post by mbk2043 »

Aye thank you. I grew up playing table-top Star Fleet Battles & moved to StarFleet Command for PC. I am really excited to have found this set of Star Trek oriented mods.

You made a 41 year old gamer very happy [:)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

Glad to hear guys! [:)]

mbk2043, I missed out on the board games, but I've played alot of Starfleet Command and Birth of the Federation. It's those games that I'd like to try and capture the feel of with these mods.

Happy Trekking!
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: mbk2043

Aye thank you. I grew up playing table-top Star Fleet Battles & moved to StarFleet Command for PC. I am really excited to have found this set of Star Trek oriented mods.

You made a 41 year old gamer very happy [:)]

Aye, young whipper snapper, not only I am a Vet of Star Fleet Battles, I am old enough to remember watching the original Star Trek series before the reruns. (I am 54 years old). I don't get it, I don't think any differently than I did when I was 20, except I know more about what I can and cannot get away with [:D].

Edited for some clean up.
whammo11224

RE: [REL] [RotS] Spock Era - Star Trek v1.1

Post by whammo11224 »

Crashes the game when I try to select this as a theme. No problems with the Picard era. How big is the file? I can't download it from the mediafire link, I'm thinking that maybe I have the wrong file from the second era.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: Igard

Let's hope we've got this mod updated for Shadows sooner than this time next year![X(]

*Fingers Crossed*

This is definitely my favorite era of ships, and you did an amazing job on them.

Hope to see it Shadows-compatible before long. [8D]
Igard

RE: [REL] [RotS] Spock Era - Star Trek v1.1

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

Hope to see it Shadows-compatible before long. [8D]

I really want all 4 mods up and running as soon as possible. I could always convert these mods to work with Shadows without adding characters and troop images. Maybe I could label them as 'beta' versions. What do people think about that?

A preview of the Picard Era will be coming soon. I've almost finished the lengthy process of creating troop images. Still haven't touched the design templates yet, but they could wait until a later version.
stanstill

Post by stanstill »

hey a beta version sounds great that way we can play that while you work on troop images
i have been lost without the star trek mods i never play distant worlds without them

thanks from stan
trek dude
battleground

Post by battleground »

Look forward to this. These are great mods and I have already started on my Federation ship name file. The Spock
era is my favorite with the Picard next. Much easier on the eyes than all those "Alien" based ships in the original.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Ehsummrel1 is converting this to Shadows while I continue to work on the Picard era. He's also adding a bunch of characters and ship design templates. It won't be complete by any means, but it should be a good starting point from which to expand the mod in the future. And, more importantly, it will let us all play this mod once again!

When will it be done, you ask? Hopefully Ed will have it ready in the next couple of weeks, but like all things, that's subject to real life interference.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

This one is wonderful as well,hope all is going smoothly on the conversion. But I do have a soft spot for original TOS.........so let me look and see.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Igard

When will it be done, you ask? Hopefully Ed will have it ready in the next couple of weeks, but like all things, that's subject to real life interference.

Progress Report:

All is going well and I am testing the theme across the board now. Hoping to forward the completed
project back to Igard next week for his review before release.
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Data

Post by Data »

Acknowledged...make it so :D
On a more non-treckie note my hat is down to you two guys...again
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
AminMaalouf

Post by AminMaalouf »

Very nice. A mod with an interesting variation of an approved standard theme. I think playing will be a pleasure.

Return to “Design and Modding”