Panzer Command Ostfront Operational Game Project

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

duncan007

Panzer Command Ostfront Operational Game Project

Post by duncan007 »

Hi all,

I build a 2D operational level game which has the purpose of providing a dynamic campaign to tactical games.

As proof of concept i have built (at a pre-alpha stage) an operational game for Panzer Command Ostfront.

Why PCO?
Because this game is the only one enough open to allow data exchanges with an operational layer game, and of course because it's a pretty enjoyable game.

I am now at a stage of game testing to improve the gameplay, and gather opinions of players about what they would like to see in such a game.

At this stage what we have ?

- An operational game with low level graphics ( i am looking for a graphic designer) about the battle of Kharkov 1942.
The operational map contains 63 areas mapped to 63 PCO maps (very basic maps built for testing).

- For each fight during the campaign you can choose between automatic resolution or PCO resolution.

- In Case of PCO resolution, a scenario is built on the fly and PCO is started.

- Once the pco battle is over, the Operational Game is on top with the results displayed and you continue your game?

Of course, as we are in pre-alpha, many things are to built, many things have to be changed, but i think it's a very good basis to evaluate if the concept is worth to be continued.

So i am looking for players, enough curious to contribute to this project as alpha testers, and to help me to build the game mechanics.

If you have skills in graphics design or if you know to use the PCO map maker, your contribution will be very appreciated.

All the stuff you need is here

Hope you'll enjoy

[:D]
JJKettunen

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Operational Game Project

Post by JJKettunen »

How does it deal with the most important aspect of industrialized warfare: supply and logistics?
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

There are 4 main parameters: supply,ammo,strength,fitness.
Movements and fights affect those parameters and you can refit them.
But we are at a very early stage so many things can be changed in the manner the game handles those parameters.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

If you are interested in PCO maps, I would be up to the task of doing a couple for ya, I think.
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

Hi Ratzki,

thx very much for your offer.
My project is a long term project though it's already playable.
It's not dedicated to PCO but it begins with it, and probably with CMN soon in a less sophisticated way (because no data exchange is possible with CMN).
I think the best thing to do would be to try the game ASK42 (Arpastrategy Kharkov 1942) you will find here.
You will understand what kind of map is needed and you can choose the ones you would like to do.

Let's hope other players will join the project.
[&o]

eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

interesting. I just reloaded PCO tonight and may be interested.

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”