Issues with the latest AMD 64bit video drivers

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

JamesM

Issues with the latest AMD 64bit video drivers

Post by JamesM »

Has anyone installed these drivers and have noted very sluggish window resizing times? The same issue was there with v13.4 but not v13.1.

If so I wonder if the same issue is going to happened in WitW.
Denniss

RE: Issues with the latest AMD 64bit video drivers

Post by Denniss »

I did not have it with my HD4350 using 13.1 legacy, I got it with 13.4 and HD6450. And yes, affects WitW as well.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I agree with Dennis - both WitE and WitW are VERY slow in screen resizing. A new patch came out today from AMD but I have not installed it as of yet. That may change the situation.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Today's release is version 13.9. I am downloading it now and will install and test it out. I have an AMD HD6670 series video card.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

No change. So if it bothers you then I would go back to version 13.1.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Trouble is my other games seem to work better with it.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I think it is how WitE and WitW draw the maps and the screen that does the effect. I use a lot of graphics software and the new drivers are getting better stability in all of the other software I use except the resize from these games.
Gunnodayak

Post by Gunnodayak »

Yes, you are right, it takes around 7-8 seconds. When I had an older driver, it used to take around half, I guess ...
"The Dutch say we are brothers, and joined together with chains, but that lasts only as long as we have beavers; after that no attention is paid to us." Mohawk Leader
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Will this issue be addressed?
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

By whom? AMD is turning out new driver updates every few weeks. I don't think there is much that 2by3 or Matrix can do about it, it seems to be connected to an operating system/driver issue that they have no control over.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”