Ground battle bugs + a few other things

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Strat_84

Ground battle bugs + a few other things

Post by Strat_84 »

1°) I was about to invade a planet held by the Shakturi, my transports reached the planet and started dropping my troops. But meanwhile the Guardians had started to bombard the planet.
The last civilians died during the drop operation, half of my troops went "undead" on that planet: can't see them on the planet, but still listed in the troop summary with a "red cross" icon + an error message when clicking on one of them (see screenshot).
Colonizing the planet again made the error message disapear, but no way to get back my troops (which are supposed to be dead I guess anyway).
Attachments
2013-09-20_171436.jpg
2013-09-20_171436.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 169 times
Strat_84

RE: Ground battle bugs + a few other things

Post by Strat_84 »

2°) Defending a planet against the shakturi. I send a transport fleet with my surviving troops to help. I didn't follow exactly what happened but I think they started dropping troops just when the battle was being lost. Result: my infantry was still in the transports, my special forces had JOINED THE SHAKTURI. [:@]
They were still listed as mine in the troop summary, I was still paying maintenance for them, but when I tried to take back the planet they remained on the enemy side (see screenshot)

When I finally recaptured the planet, these special forces were still in my troop summary, but nowhere on the planet.
Attachments
20130920_171734.jpg
20130920_171734.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 169 times
Strat_84

Post by Strat_84 »

3°) Hyperdeny components seem to be broken on space stations. I had GW1000 components on all my defence stations but I have never seen one functioning.

4°) I noticed the Nuclear Exterminator cannot attack ships in Shadows, while it did in Legends. I don't know if this is a bug or a deliberate choice but that removes nearly all the interest in researching that weapon, the first bombard weapon you can have does the same job while being much smaller and less power hungry.
mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Yup. As I previously stated, Shadows is bugged as hell.
At least they're still rolling out patchs. x.12 should be coming early October I think.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: Strat_84
1°) I was about to invade a planet held by the Shakturi, my transports reached the planet and started dropping my troops. But meanwhile the Guardians had started to bombard the planet.
The last civilians died during the drop operation, half of my troops went "undead" on that planet: can't see them on the planet, but still listed in the troop summary with a "red cross" icon + an error message when clicking on one of them (see screenshot).
Colonizing the planet again made the error message disapear, but no way to get back my troops (which are supposed to be dead I guess anyway).
Thanks for the report. This is fixed in the next update.

Elliot
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

2°) Defending a planet against the shakturi. I send a transport fleet with my surviving troops to help. I didn't follow exactly what happened but I think they started dropping troops just when the battle was being lost. Result: my infantry was still in the transports, my special forces had JOINED THE SHAKTURI. [:@]
They were still listed as mine in the troop summary, I was still paying maintenance for them, but when I tried to take back the planet they remained on the enemy side (see screenshot)

When I finally recaptured the planet, these special forces were still in my troop summary, but nowhere on the planet.
This is fixed in the next update

Elliot
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

3°) Hyperdeny components seem to be broken on space stations. I had GW1000 components on all my defence stations but I have never seen one functioning.
This is fixed in the next update.
4°) I noticed the Nuclear Exterminator cannot attack ships in Shadows, while it did in Legends. I don't know if this is a bug or a deliberate choice but that removes nearly all the interest in researching that weapon, the first bombard weapon you can have does the same job while being much smaller and less power hungry.
This change in Shadows is by design.

Thanks
Elliot
Strat_84

Post by Strat_84 »

ORIGINAL: elliotg
This change in Shadows is by design.

Thanks
Elliot

Thanks for the answers.

About that particular subject, I think you may consider modifying the design then.

When two weapons are meant for the same use, on the same research branch, one being higher tech than the other one, that one necessarily needs an improvement compared to the first one (that "bonus" used to be the ability to be used against ships at close range).
Otherwise, it's not worth researching it. [;)]

Return to “Tech Support”