Looking for another gentlemanly game (Closed)

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

39battalion

Looking for another gentlemanly game (Closed)

Post by 39battalion »

About me : This will be my third WITPAE PBEM game. I am currently playing a game against Wirraway Ace ( a fine opponent and gentleman) and I have sufficient available time for another game. Yes I do realize that even thinking about playing two games of WITPAE at the same time is a sure sign of succumbing to an addiction [:D]
I like games played in a friendly and gentlemanly spirit and I am much more interested in enjoying the journey rather than attempting to break the game system to "win". As I enjoy the detail of the game and the numerous small challenges each turn presents I am not a quitter and intend to play out the campaign to the end even if my strategic situation is horrible.
I believe any interruptions to gameplay caused by RL should be able to be amicably discussed and accepted. The key here is good communication and respect for your opponent.
I can manage one turn per day most weeks.

The opponent I seek : I am looking for somebody who understands and identifies with what I attempted to explain above [:)]
I enjoy playing the Japanese side so I am looking for an Allied opponent. I made many mistakes in my first two games,and of course there are still many aspects of this fine game I do not fully understand, but I now regard myself an intermediate level player. I am happy to play an inexperienced, intermediate or even very experienced opponent. I can guarantee the latter more than a few laughs [:D]
I am seeking an opponent who can provide at least 4 turns per week.

The campaign : DaBigBabes A Scenario 29 ( December 8 start as it removes the need for a plethora of first turn house rules)

Turn rate : 2 day turns ( as it moves the game along nicely and provides even more uncertainty)

Suggested settings :

Fog of War = On
Advanced weather = On
Allied damage control = On
PDU = On
Reliable US torps = Off
Realistic R&D = On
No unit withdrawals = Off
Reinforcement rate = Variable
Combat reports = On
Auto subs = Off
Accept air and ground replacements = Off
All facilities expand at start = Off
Automatic upgrade of ships/airgroups = Off

House rules : My preference would be to have very few. In fact I would be happy to have none as I think the latest version of the game is well balanced [:)] I would rather play the game in the spirit of sorting out any problematic issues by discussion if they come up. But, of course, I would be very happy negotiate on house rules. Two that may be worth considering are : (1) No restricted units allowed across national borders (2) No strategic bombing in China.

Apologies for this verbose post but I think it is important for potential opponents to understand where I am coming from.

Please PM if interested.

steverodgers801

RE: Looking for another gentlemanly game (DaBigBabes)

Post by steverodgers801 »

interested I am fairly good at AI but a rookie against others.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

This is the sort of game I could get into. I have 1 PBEM going now but could use some action on the side! I'm happy with fewer HRules but can't imagine how 2 day turns might work. Also you will have to walk me thru these exotic enhanced games as I only have played stock, albeit updated betas.

I consider myself intermediate also.
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Thanks pontious

I suggest you check out the DaBabes site to see if these modded games are your cup of tea (or coffee). I really enjoy the added realism they bring.

The site is: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/

PM me if still interested
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

39 Batt...I PMed you but with Matrix server crash it may have dissipated into the ether??!!
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Thanks pontious

PM received
39battalion

RE: Looking for another gentlemanly game (Closed)

Post by 39battalion »

An opponent has been found.

Many thanks to all who responded.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”