Deployment hex problem.

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

stormbringer3

Deployment hex problem.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I've downloaded the latest upgrade and restarted an A-A Campaign. Since the exploit was fixed of being able to deploy more than one unit from the same hex, it seems that a new problem has occurred. Now, in certain scenarios of this campaign there are not enough deployment hexes to deploy all of the units that you are entitled to deploy. Once you advance to turn two the units are not deployable. Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought that you used to be able to still deploy units on turn two if you had any deployment units left. Am I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated.
Ronald Wendt

RE: Deployment hex problem.

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

deployment hexes are only there in turn 1. Supply hexes provided by cities are there any turn.
There should be suffient deployment hexes for all units in any scenario and if not there should be supply hexes.

Which scenario are talking about so i can check if we missed something ?

Regards,
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently playing Smolensk 1941 where I had 3-4 units that I couldn't deploy. There was an earlier one where I couldn't deploy 2 units.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

yes, at Smolensk there are less deploy hexes than unit slots. But after the fall of Smolensk the city provides supply hexes so you can bring in the rest.

Regards,
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Ok, I just captured Smolensk but I can't figure out how to put the undeployed units on the map. I went into the HQ and clicked on undeployed units which opened the screen with the undeployed units but the deployment icon is grayed out.
Please advise on what I need to to.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

you have to wait a turn - you cannot deploy in the same turn you occupied the city. Do you hold the parts south of the Dnieper ?

Regards,
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Yes, I had the city parts south of the Dnieper. I'm sure that I went to the next turn but I still couldn't deploy the units. However, I restarted the scenario so I can't verify that 100%. I'll play the scenario until I completely conquer Smolensk and go to the next turn. If I still can't deploy the remaining units I'll post in this thread again. If Smolensk is completely conquered, do you go into the HQ and should the deployment icon be highlighted?
Thanks.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I just saw your post about permanent deployment in the supply areas in your 1.02 thread. I did try to deploy there after turn one because it was highlighted green in the mini map but was unable to do so.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I captured Smolensk, went into the next turn and two deployment hexes appeared. So, that seems to work ok. I'm still confused about the permanent deployment in supply areas per your 1.02 thread. Can you please elaborate?
Thank you.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

after you captured Smolensk and you have both units and free unit slots, the deployment window should come up automatically in each turn you can deploy them.

If that is not the case something is wrong. Could you provide a savegame if it does not work out ?

Regards,
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

The deployment window did come up.
Thanks.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

great. You are welcome as always. [;)]

Regards,