Played first scenario....

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

GBS

Played first scenario....

Post by GBS »

Played Shiloh because I had play it several time on CWI and wanted to see how they compare.
I followed the usual strategy of building up Grants Army and sending a reserve cavalry unit south to Jackson and beyond to scout. Also sent Buells left wing to Nashville to dig in a defense, just in case. The cavalry found a Reb unit in Jackson so off goes Grant to do battle but buy the time he arrives they are gone.
I sent the cavalry to check out Corinth. Meanwhile AS Johnson with Beauregard show up just east of Nashville. I order Buell to Nashville with his right wing and load a reserve division on the the fleet at Fort Henry and ship them to Nashville via river.
Corinth is in fact occupied so I send Grant there who begins a siege as Bragg is in Corinth with undetermined strength. Before reinforcements arrive Johnson attacks Nashville an over two engagements just about destroys Buells left wing. Once they arrive, Johnson is able to withdraw before the battle begins but the city Nashville now flys a rebel flag. Grant make a breach and continues the siege.
Low and behold Johnson seems to be making a move on Bowling Green. I leave a division with
Buell who assaults and takes back Nashville and sent the right wing to Bowling Green to fight off Johnson. (catching these Rebs is like herding cats). Grant make another breach and continues.
The right wing fights off Johnson and holds Bowling Green. As the scenario ends, Grant assaults and wipes out what turned out to be Bragg's relatively small force and take Corinth and out of the blue, the rebels retake Nashville.
The scenario ends in a draw.
An interesting note. Sherman was killed in the assault on Corinth. Never remember that happening in CWI. I was out of breath.

OOPS...when I say Jackson. I mean Madison.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton

Return to “Civil War II”