Forum outage

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Neilster

Forum outage

Post by Neilster »

Great timing for the forum outage and data loss [8|]

We were really getting rolling on a couple of excellent AARs.

Anyway, can I suggest to Orm that when we rebuild the Global War thread, we start much as we did with the unit charts etc and as much info as possible to ease those new to MWiF into it? I'll be sending the link to a few potential customers who are very keen on strategic WW2 wargaming but aren't familiar with WiF.

It's always tempting to get into the action but as it is likely to be a very long thread eventually, it would be advantageous to have some fundamental stuff very near the beginning. As was developing, we can add more background info as is necessary.

I hope I'm not being presumptuous but that seems a good way to encourage the uninitiated.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Easo79

RE: Forum outage

Post by Easo79 »

Yes, I feel very sorry because it was a lot of very very useful information, and above all, a lot of work for the persons that are doing the AARs and those who contributed to them.

I hope that they can recover some of those nice lost posts, but I wholly understand the frustration of the creators....
A l’hora que el sol se pon, bevent al raig de la font, he assaborit els secrets de la terra misteriosa.

Part de dins de la canal he vist l’aigua virginal venir del fosc naixement a regalar-me la boca.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Hopefully Orm has the screenshots saved, and that is a lot of the work.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Hey! Why don't we just ask the NSA for all the posts that we lost? I'm sure they'd be happy to help [;)]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
bo

Post by bo »

A lot of effort down the drain but it was fun doing it and I will continue and I hope Orm continues also because I feel it is important to have people see the power and feelings of this wonderful game. S*** happens it's the way it is.

Bo
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

I should have mentioned you too bo. Bummer about your lost work but onward and upward eh? Worse things happen at sea. Quite possibly the Coral Sea [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

I should have mentioned you too bo. Bummer about your lost work but onward and upward eh? Worse things happen at sea. Quite possibly the Coral Sea [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
I am going to finish up the Coral sea scenario. Who knows maybe a different outcome but I doubt it [:D]

Bo

Return to “World in Flames”