Anybody out there playing against human opponents?

Post requests for multiplayer games here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Sensei.Tokugawa

Anybody out there playing against human opponents?

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Nobody answers my challenge and I wonder if there are any wargamers who still play against humans or virtually everybody thinks the AI in those AA/CO is such great one doesn't need a human to face a similar challenge.Back in the HTTR and COTA days on most occassions (let's say - 9 out of ten)I was able to beat the AI from both sides in each scenario.

Anyway, I am renewing my offer for those who would like to try any of those, preferably the BFTB with both official addons. My time zone is GMT + 1 if I still can remember welL. The mail is marcinstrozny at gmail dot com.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

skarp

RE: Anybody out there playing against human opponents?

Post by skarp »

Hi
Sorry I've not answered before. I don't think the AI is that great either. I don't know why no one seems to play online, I'd much rather play a human than a machine but it may be to do with the real-time nature of the game and the length of time it'd take to complete the epic battles I like best. Perhaps we can try some time - I'm in UK on GMT (+1 for summer time).

cheers
skarp
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

I would love to at some time also..and as skarp says, a lot of the reason most, including myself, probably don't as much, is because of the real time idea..as well as the easier ability to just pause an ongoing game against the AI when life interrupts, and pick it up later, where that may often annoy a human opponent.[:D]
skarp

Post by skarp »

the 'wego' system used in Battlefront's CM would be ideal - say 10 min 'turns' that can be emailed. I know they've made CM2 RT pausable as well but that's small scale tactical combat and not really relevant to Com Ops.
ulisin

Post by ulisin »

ORIGINAL: skarp

the 'wego' system used in Battlefront's CM would be ideal - say 10 min 'turns' that can be emailed. I know they've made CM2 RT pausable as well but that's small scale tactical combat and not really relevant to Com Ops.

bleah!
10 min 'turns' + a 3-4 days scenario
= 70 hours x 10 min 'turns'
= 420 turns
bleah!!

[:)][:)]
Arjuna, please, don't give up!

skarp

Post by skarp »

The point is not the number of turns - it's about both players not having to be online simultaneously. I'd happily play a 1000 turn game against the right opponent. A journey of 1000 miles can be completed 1 step at a time. I'm currently playing a 10 day scenario online but it's the scheduling rather than the length that's the problem.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”