Can a dev look at a saved game?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Fallschirmjager

Can a dev look at a saved game?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

I realize this is asking a lot. But I have been around this forum a long time and thought maybe I could ask for a big favor. I recently had a notebook PC suffer a crippling accident. I managed to recover the HDD. The WITP save folder was pulled from the drive and my save file is intact. I was running the game under the current non beta patch. 1.06
Unfortunately when I try and load the game I get the 'save game cannot load' message.

Is there any possible way the file can be looked at and possible recovered? Probably a very small possibility but I figured I would ask. I have poured a lot of hours into the file and would hate to see it lost. It would probably make me shelf the game for a while.
wdolson

RE: Can a dev look at a saved game?

Post by wdolson »

You can attach saves to posts in the tech support forum. Michael is probably the one to look at it, but if he doesn't get to it, I can probably look at it.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Thank you
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

You can't attach it with the current file name. Change the file suffix to .zip and you can attach it. The dev will change it back after he downloads it.
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”