Opponent for Scen 2

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lokasenna

Opponent for Scen 2

Post by Lokasenna »

Hi all, I'm looking for another good game. I'm open to playing either side, with a slight preference for playing as Japan in this one. Prefer to play against somebody with more experience than myself to test my mettle (and beat some bad behaviors out of me, no doubt), but am open to most opponents.

Scenario 2 (with data file updates)

Some standard realism:
Realistic R&D ON (as much as I would like OFF as Japan...)
FOW ON
Allied DC ON
Reliable USN torps OFF
December 7 surprise ON

PDU ON (may be open to changing this, but I much prefer ON as Japan)
Facilities Expand OFF
Advanced Weather OFF
Automatic upgrades OFF
Air/ground replacements OFF
Auto sub ops OFF

edit Open to stacking limits. I'd like to try them.

Historical first turn - open to having this setting as OFF. It can be interesting, but a standard start is fine by me (and easier, as the replay can be sent right away and we can both start some planning based on first day's results).

Reinforcements - weak preference for fixed, especially if I'm Japan. Open to fixed for one side, variable for another (+/- 15 days for Allies?).

Currently have installations of latest official, 1123n, 1123q, and 1123c. Open to using latest beta.

House rules:

...none? Not even a strat bombing restriction or a 4E nav attack rule. If you want house rules, I'm open to discuss the usual ones. My style isn't to set up one-ship TFs as CAP-traps (where's the fun in that?), so if you see it it's probably because there was only one ship for the job or the job was deemed not fit for the use of more than one. Or I made a mistake. I prefer to play it straight.

Pace:

Prefer 1+ turn/day. My hottest turnaround times are weekdays mid-evening Eastern Time, and Sundays. I'm always able to get a turn into the outbox within an hour of watching the replay, barring any serious quandaries. I like going at this pace because there is usually one day each week (Saturday afternoons/evenings) when I'm not able to get the turn done and I'd like to be able to see 1943 before the game has reached a year in real life age [:)].

I may or may not keep an AAR, depending on time, but if I do I would like to keep it closed to my opponent until game's end.

Edit: Forgot to mention - I think it might be fun to try playing with stacking limits.
AW1Steve

RE: Opponent for Scen 2

Post by AW1Steve »

Having been engaged in a scenario 2 with Chickenboy for nearly a year, I feel I must as a public service say to any potential allied player.....RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D] Sorry. Good luck with your PBEM. I look forward to subscribing to your AAR. [:)]
rjopel

Post by rjopel »

I'd be interested in starting a game. Currently in Summer 45 in game with nashvillen and we'll start a DBB game when that ends.

I generally get one turn a day in sometimes more on the weekend.

I would like to play the Allies again.

Stacking limits good.
Reinforcements fixed.
Historical first turn is good.

Currently in the UK.

Ryan
Ryan Opel
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

rjopel is a very good player who will process turns very quickly and reliably.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Thanks to those who have responded, both here and in PM. I would play a game with any one of you. I'm looking forward to years of games with the fine people in this community.

I've found an opponent and it will be a challenging game for sure. Going to do my best not to end up like the car:

Attachments
MooseCrossing.jpg
MooseCrossing.jpg (67.63 KiB) Viewed 171 times
rjopel

Post by rjopel »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Thanks to those who have responded, both here and in PM. I would play a game with any one of you. I'm looking forward to years of games with the fine people in this community.

I've found an opponent and it will be a challenging game for sure. Going to do my best not to end up like the car:

I've seen that happen to a car. It's not pretty.
Ryan Opel
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: rjopel

My other half hails from Vermont. She says that a big enough moose can end up taking the top right off of a car if hit broadside. I can't remember if I've actually seen a moose in person, but I believe it... Some people where I live now, The South (lite), think it's a joke.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

My other half hails from Vermont. She says that a big enough moose can end up taking the top right off of a car if hit broadside. I can't remember if I've actually seen a moose in person, but I believe it... Some people where I live now, The South (lite), think it's a joke.
[/quote]

It's not. I've looked UP at a bull moose from the cab of my Dodge 2500. And those here in Colorado are small compared to their northern cousins [X(]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I am NOT that fat! [:'(]
The Moose
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Having heard that moose could shear the tops off of cars and survive with minor injuries due to their iron, wall-like bodies, I decided to use that instead of something like a crash test dummy splatting against an actual wall.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I do like the crazy eyes . . .
The Moose
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Being a native of Vermont, the big thing to avoid is the dairy cows that break out from a field and end up in the road. I think there is still a state law that you pay the farmer if you hit and injure/kill his cow.

In mid-70s, there were more cows in the state than people. [:D] There may be more people now, but not by much. Right now, I miss those Macintosh apples that are so good fresh off the trees. [&o][&o] Living in Tennessee for the last 10 years.
[center]Image[/center]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

There were several cases while I was growing up in Maine, where a car would hit the moose in the ankles , the moose would fall on the car (crushing the occupants) , then get back up, a little bruise , but otherwise unhurt. As my Grandmother used to say "when the moose is loose....VAMOOSE!". [:D] In spring they often get a parasite in the their brain that make them do crazy things.....like fall in love with a cow, break into a store or chase cars. They'll go places that no moose belongs (like downtown in a city). In 1978 as I was driving bleary eyed (it WAS before 8am) to college, I looked over at the oncoming lane to see a Bull moose chasing a VW bug! On interstate 295 in downtown Portland Maine![X(] And he was gaining on it![X(][:D]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Yep. Certain cartoon moose we all may know get lots of yuks. But the real article will just flat out kill 'ya.
The Moose
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Being a native of Vermont, the big thing to avoid is the dairy cows that break out from a field and end up in the road. I think there is still a state law that you pay the farmer if you hit and injure/kill his cow.

In mid-70s, there were more cows in the state than people. [:D] There may be more people now, but not by much. Right now, I miss those Macintosh apples that are so good fresh off the trees. [&o][&o] Living in Tennessee for the last 10 years.

I thought the thing to avoid in Vermont was the farm equipment on the 2-lane highways with no passing zones?

I'm from Iowa and even that's weird to me. Really weird.
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Yep. Certain cartoon moose we all may know get lots of yuks. But the real article will just flat out kill 'ya.

And now I bring you - The Moose Whisper. Watch and see the moose smile at you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3S2JxMqqd8
TTFN,

Mike
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

And now I bring you - The Moose Whisper. Watch and see the moose smile at you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3S2JxMqqd8

Very sweet. [:)]

Of course, that bull moose was giving those idiots a pass. If he'd been a little testy their vehicle would be in the shop, at best.

I found this one. It shows the truth of the saying I've heard in Alaska: "The most dangerous place to be in North America is between a mama moose and her calves." Imagine this scenario if the guy with the camera was on foot. Look at how fast mama moose can run in the last seconds of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4p9be2sR4
The Moose
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

That my friends is why 1/2 the vehicles on road here are trucks! It is said by better outdoorsmen than me that a bull moose during rut, or a cow with calf is more dangerous than a grizzly. Let's hope our Bullwinkle friend isn't in rut!!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

That my friends is why 1/2 the vehicles on road here are trucks! It is said by better outdoorsmen than me that a bull moose during rut, or a cow with calf is more dangerous than a grizzly. Let's hope our Bullwinkle friend isn't in rut!!

I served in submarines. Of course I am. [:'(]
The Moose
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

This will be extremely entertaining. I hope there will be a dual AAR? [:)]

Return to “Opponents Wanted”