Japanese infantry upgrade?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Khanti

Japanese infantry upgrade?

Post by Khanti »

Stock senario 1 (1.06 r9).

Playing with editor I found out that there are 2 versions of Japanese infantry 41, but only one actually can upgrade to model 43.
So, I just wonder if it was intentional to allow for upgrade for only some units?

Examples of units with non-upgradable infantry squads:
66th Inf Reg near HongKong
Imperial Guards Division in Battambang
21st Inf Div in Shanghai

I renamed those squads in editor to versions A and B, so this became easily visible in game.

Editor devices: 707, 709.
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
PaxMondo

RE: Japanese infantry upgrade?

Post by PaxMondo »

pretty sure this is WAD ...
Pax
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: Hanti

Stock senario 1 (1.06 r9).

Playing with editor I found out that there are 2 versions of Japanese infantry 41, but only one actually can upgrade to model 43.
So, I just wonder if it was intentional to allow for upgrade for only some units?

Examples of units with non-upgradable infantry squads:
66th Inf Reg near HongKong
Imperial Guards Division in Battambang
21st Inf Div in Shanghai

I renamed those squads in editor to versions A and B, so this became easily visible in game.

Editor devices: 707, 709.

It's actually a downgrade, because the 43 infantry squad have less firepower...
MDDgames

Post by MDDgames »

Yeah. The difference between the 41 and 43 squads is the number of guys in them. The ONLY thing I do with Jap divisions is upgrade the 37mm to 47mm, then turn upgrades off and leave them.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”