Aircraft ready for transport

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ridinroun

Aircraft ready for transport

Post by Ridinroun »

Can someone tell me what determines a squadron ready for transport? I have a lot of squadrons I could really use right now but don't show up on the list of aircraft I can transport. Also what are the steps to take to replace squadrons on a CV.
Terminus

RE: Aircraft ready for transport

Post by Terminus »

What do you mean "transport"? Loading them on a ship? That requires they not be assigned to a restricted HQ.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
rook749

Post by rook749 »

Also make sure the transport task force can dock at the port. The task force must be docked to load aircraft.

Rook
Ridinroun

Post by Ridinroun »

Yes I want to transport by ship. I dock the ships. I get a list of groups I can transport. But right now there are around 2 dozen groups at the port but only a half dozen of them are ready for transport. What I'm asking is what constitutes a group showing up on that list? Why aren't all the groups there ready for transport? You don't have to put them in strategic move mode like a ground unit. There must be a parameter that decides if a group is ready to transport or not. On the individual groups pop up window there doesn't seem to be anything you can do to make them ready for transport like you can with a ground unit.
MateDow

Post by MateDow »

ORIGINAL: Ridinroun

Yes I want to transport by ship. I dock the ships. I get a list of groups I can transport. But right now there are around 2 dozen groups at the port but only a half dozen of them are ready for transport. What I'm asking is what constitutes a group showing up on that list? Why aren't all the groups there ready for transport? You don't have to put them in strategic move mode like a ground unit. There must be a parameter that decides if a group is ready to transport or not. On the individual groups pop up window there doesn't seem to be anything you can do to make them ready for transport like you can with a ground unit.

The aircraft have to not be assigned to a restricted command. That is probably the difference between the groups that you are seeing.
Ridinroun

Post by Ridinroun »

I see where they are attached to a command that is restricted. This groups that are on carriers show as independent. Can the restricted ones be changed to independent? Can you ever use them or move them? If not, what is the point of having carrier planes stuck on land?
ORIGINAL: MateDow
ORIGINAL: Ridinroun

The aircraft have to not be assigned to a restricted command. That is probably the difference between the groups that you are seeing.
Ridinroun

Post by Ridinroun »

Ok. Never mind You all pointed me in the right direction and I figured it out. Appreciate the help.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Remember that an air transport TF needs to be docked in order to embark airgroups
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

There are a few restricted air units that cannon be reassigned. Most others can though.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”