Battalion Only Corps Cannot Plot!?

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Field Marshal Rommel

Battalion Only Corps Cannot Plot!?

Post by Field Marshal Rommel »

In Second Front I often used Corps of only Battalions (filled with 8 of them) to get concentrated tank power in an attack. I find I cannot plot anymore with these in WIR. If I add just 1 Division and 7 Battalions it works fine. Anyway to edit this to work?
Field Marshal Rommel

RE: Battalion Only Corps Cannot Plot!?

Post by Field Marshal Rommel »

I finally read through the readme file in WIR and a single line in the mass of text told me that in one of the later updates they made it so that a corp without at least 1 division cannot plot. Not sure why this was done, but at least now I know it is not a bug but intentional.

There were a few procedures I developed and used in Second Front over time which I cannot now use any longer because of this, so I guess I just have to change how I do a few things now. I used to have artillery only corps I would build behind a line of full troops next to a hard point (a city usually) I wanted to surround and then attack to make it surrender. I would then plot this artillery only corp next to the city, bombard it, and this helped reduce its readiness against my other real attacks designed to actually make it surrender. Same goes for my battalion only corps, which were more durable (unlike an artillery only one), and I could use them to make attacks to soften up a unit and often since I would use tanks with higher defenses, I would suffer no losses at all. It was a nice way to soften up targets, but it no longer works given this new no-plot rule.

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”