How does smuggle effect private enterprise

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Geckomeister_MatrixForum

How does smuggle effect private enterprise

Post by Geckomeister_MatrixForum »

Guys,

I setup a pre-warp empire.
Started building the empire......so only two colonies.
I noticed thatthere are mostly independent gas mining ships/freighters and when I look at
the empire summary I only have 3 state ships.
It might explain why I am finding it so hard to get my economy off the ground.

I have two pirate smuggling contracts.
Would that be whats stopping the private sctor economy from flourishing?

Cheers
Gecks
Geckomeister_MatrixForum

RE: How does smuggle effect private enterprise

Post by Geckomeister_MatrixForum »

sorry 3 state ships = private enterprise
Cheers
Gecks
VorteeX

Post by VorteeX »

If u play as normal empire in prewarp era private sector need to have job first. I mean u need to have what to transport to make private sector build more transport ships. So u need more mining stations, colonies, starbases.

If u play as pirate faction, just capture all independece freighetrs around.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

I have two pirate smuggling contracts.
These contracts mean, you will pay more then regular market prices for these resources. This maybe attract more trading ships which sell these resource to your colony.

But Independet and pirate freighter still sell resources to your colony even when you don't set up a smuggling contract.
LoweN

Post by LoweN »

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here, how can you have two colonies so early in the game? Do you mean mining bases? Or maybe you did a custom start?

And what is a "private enterprise?"

I guess you're a new player and/or maybe English isn't your first language?

But assuming you're worried about having few private sector ships...

I've started a bunch of age of shadows games. In every one of them I got a whole lot (more than 3, anyway) of private sector ships as soon as I built a spaceport for them to be built at and a mining base for them to go to. You've done that, right?

I think mining ships showed up even sooner, as soon as I have the spaceport and surveyed system body for them to mine.

I don't want to give you a newbie age of shadows starting guide here since I don't know what's up, but if you are new to the game you should follow one.

To answer your question though, smuggling contracts shouldn't do anything to private sector building, especially early in the game.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”