Reducing tech level in editor unreliable.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Bebop Cola

Reducing tech level in editor unreliable.

Post by Bebop Cola »

When I use the editor to reduce an empire's tech level, it doesn't appear to be properly resetting that tech level.

For example, I'm running a pre-warp game. I set the Kiadian's tech level down to level 1, or Starting, and give it a few minutes(as it seems to take a bit to calculate out). I then open a diplomacy dialogue to see what I could trade them(the only way I'm aware of to muddle out what tech they may have). By all appearances they keep a good number of technologies despite being set to a level that should be below those technologies.

1. The Kiadian appear to have kept all levels of their racial tech, as the only component of that I can trade them is the final tier.
2. They appear to keep their colonization tech as I can't trade them anything at all in that.
3. They appear to have kept some of their fuel and cargo storage tech as the only thing I can trade them there is advanced fuel storage and advanced cargo storage.

Is this WAD somehow? When I set them down to a certain tech level I really want them to lose all their tech as in a tech collapse to barbarism or something. Ideally I'd like to be able to manipulate specific techs, but I work with what I've got.

Return to “Tech Support”