Seaplane support at Level 0 bases

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lifer

Seaplane support at Level 0 bases

Post by Lifer »

I don't think this is right but I wanted to ask as I am often wrong on some game mechanics. Playing the US and I have several AVs and AVDs scattered about at Level 0 bases. The support ships have supply but the bases do not. It was my understanding that search planes use 1/3 supply point in the performance of their duties. The ships have not used any supply since they have been in service and supporting the search planes.

edit: Running 1122a and don't see anything about it in the later betas.
Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
witpqs

RE: Seaplane support at Level 0 bases

Post by witpqs »

Maybe look at the Beta release notes and see if there was a fix for that (later than the version you are running).
Knyvet

Post by Knyvet »

Check based on the following:

[font=calibri][michaelm stated on 7/7/2011] Next build (1108p3) will have changes for when/how seaplanes draw supplies.[/font]

Nice seaplane supply nuggets from Michael in the same post

The following outlines stages for patrol missions - CAP and search (naval or ASW). These were sort of there, but the order was different between base and ship, and between patrol and strikes:
Seaplane at a base will check in the following order - once a condition is satisfied, it is okay to complete its action.
(a) use any seaplane support in the base (ships or TFs). The total seaplane support at the base will go down for each plane assigned in each phase. The value gets reset at start of each phase. So seaplanes up to the seaplane support value get to fly free of supply;
(b) use supply from a tender;
(c) use supply from base. Non-seaplanes use base supply.
Training missions will always use base supply if any. If none, no training.

The following outlines stages for strike missions, for comparison.
Seaplane at a base will check in the following order - once a condition is satified, it is okay to complete its action.
(a) use supply from a tender;
(b) use supply from base. Non-seaplanes use base supply.
A limited number or no planes will fly if none of conditions are met (as currently designed).

Lifer

Post by Lifer »

So if I'm reading correctly, if the seaplane tender can support 6 planes and I have a squadron of twelve planes at 50% search, then they will fly both phases for free. If I put them at 100%, then 6 would fly free and 6 would use supply to fly in each phase. Correct?
Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

Return to “The War Room”