Some suggestions.

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: doomtrader

lancecorpD

Some suggestions.

Post by lancecorpD »

Here's some suggestions for improving balance.
1. Cannot build Panzer armies until spring '42
2. Panzers linited to level 2 until spring '42
3. Panzers must be limited to 30% of total force
4. Soviet army should be larger at start even if just weak inf. Soviet army was huge but Hutler didn't believe the reports.
5.To be accurate USSR cannot build Tank armies until winter '42. Even Soviet tank corps should be limited since most tanks were incorporated within inf units. Maybe 2-3 tank corps until winter fall '42
While we are at it Frfench army should be larger and have maybe 1-2 Arm corps limit.

Here are also some optional ideas which do not help balance but increases realism.
1. Hitler factor. German is forced to capture certain objectives by a certain time(KIev) or suffer loss in VPs
Also by using inaccessible zones ( no movement east of Smolensk until Sept '41) can force German to move in a particulr direction.
2. Stalin factor same as Hitler factor only apply it to Soviets.
3. Allow V weapon strategic tech for German but cannot build until sping '44

I am now going to investigate USSR '43 may be a better balnced game. Let you know.
Sorry no screen shots. Old school don't know how. By the way first game...Avalon Hill Stalingrad 1964
High school grades went to pot after that. Don't get killed.
henri51

RE: Some suggestions.

Post by henri51 »

Aw c'mon, it's not that hard to make screen shots (I use a Mac with Bootcamp, so some pure PC guys should tell you how with normal PCs). AH's Stalingrad was about my third wargame, before that came Gettysburg around 1962 ( I bought it in a department store)and Blitzkrieg around 1967 - did that really come AFTER Stalingrad? Heck, I remember the day that WW2 ended!
ricodc

Post by ricodc »

ORIGINAL: henri51

Aw c'mon, it's not that hard to make screen shots (I use a Mac with Bootcamp, so some pure PC guys should tell you how with normal PCs). AH's Stalingrad was about my third wargame, before that came Gettysburg around 1962 ( I bought it in a department store)and Blitzkrieg around 1967 - did that really come AFTER Stalingrad? Heck, I remember the day that WW2 ended!

I have screen shots to post but still says I have 7 days after 10th post so it wont let me.
arras

Post by arras »

ORIGINAL: usmcE4
5.To be accurate USSR cannot build Tank armies until winter '42. Even Soviet tank corps should be limited since most tanks were incorporated within inf units. Maybe 2-3 tank corps until winter fall '42
Soviets had number of very large armoured units in 1941 which they called Mechanized Corps. Each of them had 1000 tanks in their TOE and by June there was 29 of them, most of them not fully formed yet.

It is true that after Spanish War where armoured formations did not live up to expectations Soviets spread their armour but after German success in Poland and France they began to concentrate them again.

Return to “After Action Reports”