If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

King Doom

If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed.

Post by King Doom »

I wiped out a nearby pirate factions ships and starbases just after I noticed they had built a fortress on one of my worlds. The faction vanished and the fortress became unattackable and cannot be removed by any means.

Mousing over a fortress in the colony screen facilities tab shows the owner if a faction still exists and these fortresses can be destroyed. Fortresses belonging to no one show nothing when moused over and are invulnerable.
mSterian

RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed.

Post by mSterian »

I'm beginning to think they didn't have much of a testing period on Shadows :(

Were the previous expansions this bugged?
King Doom

Post by King Doom »

Nope. At least, not that I remember, I loved every second of them and bought them as close to release as I could.

Shadows is probably the worst sci fi game I've ever picked up and I bought Masters of Orion 3.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

I've had the same bug and agree it should be fixed. I just stationed a few extra troops and moved on. Maybe Pirate games would be different but I haven't found any of the bugs since initial Shadows release particularly frustrating.
ORIGINAL: King Doom
Shadows is probably the worst sci fi game I've ever picked up and I bought Masters of Orion 3.
Respectfully I have the opposite view. Shadows could certainly be improved but I find it far more fun than anything else around at the moment. If you know a recent 4X game better than Shadows I'm all ears.
King Doom

Post by King Doom »

The distant worlds series is amazing, as are all the expansions, don't get me wrong. I love almost the entire series. I just consider the latest one to be one of if not the worst sci fi related games or expansions ever.

I mean, sure MOO 3 had automated colony governor AI that actively sabotaged everything you did and changed any items you queued up to have built to troop transports exclusively, including actual troops, but you could still build things instead of just getting an increasing rapid spam of unblockable YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RESOURCES messages.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

I agree we need an option to turn off that pop-up. Or better yet I'd prefer a pop-up only when you are out of stock or when stock is low only (where the player can define the limit). I still think Shadows is best in class at the moment. Then again the 4X market is as weak as I can remember it.

mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Icemania.

As discussed in countless previous toping, the Construction Stalled poppups aren't the problem. It's the fact that your constructions get stalled even though you have enough resources and freighters. That is the problem. My idiot freighters transport things around I don't need instead of supplying resources to the stalled constructions.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

mSterian, as I've also mentioned in numerous threads ... SpaceSector Distant Worlds Interview ... not impressed by shadows ... I agree the private sector needs improvement. However, even with a more efficient private sector, it will still take time to get resources from A to B. You will still get pop-up spam although of lower intensity.

The pop-up problem can be fixed very easily in a patch by adding a check box added to existing on/off pop-up selections. As I've also said I don't consider it a massive problem but it's low hanging fruit.

A serious improvement to the private economy is probably more expansion territory.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: King Doom

I wiped out a nearby pirate factions ships and starbases just after I noticed they had built a fortress on one of my worlds. The faction vanished and the fortress became unattackable and cannot be removed by any means.

Mousing over a fortress in the colony screen facilities tab shows the owner if a faction still exists and these fortresses can be destroyed. Fortresses belonging to no one show nothing when moused over and are invulnerable.

Do you have a save file for this issue?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for this report. This is fixed in the next update.

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”