Pricing Suggestion

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

bretg80

Pricing Suggestion

Post by bretg80 »

Go for the bronze, not for the gold. Choose a price point where people can afford the game, get into it and then build lots of feature expansions and scenario additions like Panzer Corps did or Crusader II or Europa Unervasallis 4 is going to do or Rome II total war is going to do and make lots of dough.

Single release games that are expensive usually don't fair well with the players. Look what happened to Command Ops, great game potential - overpriced to start with - low sales volume and some blatant bugs that weren't addressed early and not a good outcome. They managed to recover, but probably lost a lot of potential revenue and player base as a result.

Just something to contemplate as you're building your pricing strategy. I hope you opt for lot's of enhancements and make lots of money on this promising title. If you go with the mega price, I'm sure many of us will wait for the reviews and if it is heavily buggy will wait it out for the sales. If it is well reviewed and plays well, we'll jump in after awhile no matter what the price. If on the other hand it is well priced, I'm likely to jump in early because the risk is lower and cost of a potentially bad outcome is more palatable.

So far the game looks extremely promising and I'm not saying that the release is going to be bad, however, this is your first title and we all have high expectations for this game, so if you price it high, just make sure the quality is there and you will do well.

Best of luck !!!

I'll be back
Crimguy

RE: Pricing Suggestion

Post by Crimguy »

I thought this game has an editor, so with it being a more open system should fetch a bit more $$$.

This game looks to be what Harpoon could have been, with a dash of Point of Attack 2 thrown in. I have been eagerly watching this one for over a year now, so I'm not a good judge of price.

I just hope it's nothing insane - I can't handle another WitP AE or Steel Beasts 2 ($125???) price point.

Post by bretg80 »

how bout $49.99
I'll be back
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Guys,

Thanks a bunch for your input. To a large extent our publisher will be handling price and things like that although we do have input. Stay tuned for their announcements.

In my mind the game's key features are as follows:

30+ scenarios
2 separate DB's with thousands of units in them.
In game scenario editor with database edit capability.
In game recorder for AAR and replay.
Marvelous UI and advanced weapon and sensor modeling.

In short its not just a game oriented around a bunch of scenarios but a virtual sandbox letting players do all the things they'd like.

Thanks!

Mike
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

Yah, but you can't get everything in version 1.0 and probably not 1.1 or 1.2, so we know there will be more or at least I hope there is more :-) Thanks for the feedback Mike, I am anxiously awaiting the release date [&o]
I'll be back
wodin

Post by wodin »

I believe Iain has hinted this will be a top price game..
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Then I won't be buying it. No doubt there's hundreds of hours worth of gameplay for the 'right' people, but I suspect I'm not one of them and that's above my price point to find out.
JimMerson

Post by JimMerson »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
ORIGINAL: wodin

Then I won't be buying it. No doubt there's hundreds of hours worth of gameplay for the 'right' people, but I suspect I'm not one of them and that's above my price point to find out.

Huh?

No price has been stated and it is already to expensive? I think you are going to miss out!

Jim
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

The fact that we're here for the long run makes things easier for us. If someone buys Command on day-1 because he really likes it and doesn't care about the price, great. If he holds back, reads reviews / hears from friends etc. and makes the plunge a year from now, great. If he decides not to buy it, okay [:)]
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

Sunburn, on the basis of the two AAR's already posted I don't think you are going to have to worry much.
coolts

Post by coolts »

Value is a purely subjective proposition. People have differing disposable incomes and come from differing perspectives with regards to value, making most discussion pointless. You might as well argue about marmite.

If you charged £5 or £50 some people will moan it’s too expensive.

I ummed and aahed for 3 months before paying £50 on War in the East a couple of years ago, but dear god, the playtime I’ve had out of that! It’s outlasted 50+Gb’s of Steam bumf I’ve bought in the meantime, and is still on my PC, whereas £100’s of later games have been bought, played and abandoned.

I’m not even planning on playing Rome II this week even though I’ve bought it as I’m determined to get my head round that damned Air tutorial without losing my tomcats!!

That says a lot to me
"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

As usual for our games, we will not be announcing pricing until release.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

No worries, just wanted to get my two cents in before you do. I know you probably have already decided the pricing for some time now, but in the small remote chance that you might be influenced even so slightly (notice all the caveats [8D] I thought I would give it a shot.

Onward and forward men.

Bret
I'll be back
midnight_mangler

Post by midnight_mangler »

Shoot. Wish we would get an earlier heads up on the pricing so we can budget for it if it is expensive.

Erik, it is your business and you can run it as you p,lease, but what benefit does it bring to only give an indication of price on release?

Not trying to offend, and no obligation to answer obviously.

Cheers!
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

So this cool game is coming out soon and the only active thread here since the release day announcement is about price? [>:]
midnight_mangler

Yeah. Because we want to be able to play this cool game on release. ;-)
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

So this cool game is coming out soon and the only active thread here since the release day announcement is about price?

Stupid comment !!! If you're so bored, why don't you post something worth while.
I'll be back
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

Based on what I have seen so far, 49.95 or 59.95 would be a deal. Looking forward to its release.

I paid the price for AE after getting years of enjoyment out of Pacific War. I liked Harpoon but it always felt like something was missing. From what I have seen here, this game has the potential to replace AE as my favorite.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Believe me, I have.
ORIGINAL: bretg80

So this cool game is coming out soon and the only active thread here since the release day announcement is about price?

Stupid comment !!! If you're so bored, why don't you post something worth while.
midnight_mangler

I'd go for that. I have spent so much on various flavors of Harpoon over the years it'd be a bargain to get a credible, supported and modernized successor.

Return to “General Discussion”