TOAW3 serial # issue

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
TheGrayMouser

TOAW3 serial # issue

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Prior to putting in official ticket was hoping to try and figure this out...

I purchased The Operational Art of War 3 from Matrix, yikes, pre 2009?
I'm pretty sure I opted for DD and CD and thus would have installed the DD

Now 5 years plus later , new computer I'm attempting to reinstall with the CD ( i never saved the DD exe, why when I have the cd?)

No matter what I do I cannot get the serial # to work
its printed on the CD (20 digits) as is the order # (9 digits)
I tried 4 sequences of 5 and 5 of 4 to no avail as well as straight w-out hyphens

Digital Rivers "find my order" cannot locate based on the order ID that's on my CD
It was so long ago I really wouldnt be able to determine what CC I used so cannot search that way w Digital River...
I have nothing in my email that can shed any light.

The only thing I can think is (and Im not positive it was this game) I had one order from matrix where the USPS delivered the package (which said fragile all over it) totally crushed and twisted, I would have been pissed if I had rec'd that in person from the mail guy) and I called the mail carrier, put in a claim and a week later rec a new CD
Im not sure if this was THIS game or another, too long ago... Would this even matter?

Any ideas?
TheGrayMouser

RE: TOAW3 serial # issue

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Ok, realized the problem. I found another CD purchased from matrix years ago and compared to my TOW3 one.
For whatever reason only the CD # , order # is printed on the CD, there is no serial #!

Any one have any luck with Matrix/Digital River being able/willing to find/provide a serial # with only the above info?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

It's always best to open a ticket in our helpdesk.
Anyway, I have found your order for TOAW 3 and registered your serial number in your Matrix Members Club account.
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Wow , thank you for that!

I didn't want to open a ticket as I thought maybe it was something silly I was doing ( as it turned out I was , I Was using the CD # instead of the non -existant Serial #)
Now of course Im going to be paranoid and always inspect my CD's to make sure the s # is on it. I actually have a few games where I didn't even break thru the plastic on the jewel case as I'm merilly playing away w the DD version... Hopefully the correct CD's are in those haha!

Anyways, thanks again for the quick support.
Matrix Rocks!

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”