Modified Main Screens

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Modified Main Screens

Post by Tac2i »

The defaultmod.txt file controls the buttons on the main screen. By using one of the defaultmod.txt files I've created (download from the screen you like) and placing it in the root folder of ATG, you can change the button size, placement and wording for your ATG (2.14/2.15/2.20 only). See the following posts with screenshots and download links. Choose the one that best suits you or simply keep the default that ships with the game.

Caveats:

1. If you are using my NATO Counters Mod for Random Games (obsolete for v2.20 or higher), you should not use any of these replacement files. They are safe to use with my Solitaire/MultiPlayer NATO Mod (only NATO counters mod for v2.20 or higher).

2. The "enhanced" button only works if you have Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite (download) installed and rename his at2 file to enhanced.at2.

3. The "Download NATO Counters" button links to a post on this forum re my Solitaire/MultiPlayer NATO Mod.

4. If you are using any other mod that changes the default main screen, those changes will be overwritten by this one (see item 1).

5. Each time you install a new patch from Matrix Games it will reset the default main screen.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

RE: Replacement Main Screen

Post by Tac2i »

Default main screen in 2.15i

Download - if you need to restore the original

Attachments
ATG253.jpg
ATG253.jpg (150.04 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

My replacement main screen...

Download

Attachments
ATG254.jpg
ATG254.jpg (158.19 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Slightly modified default main screen (button size and placement only)

Download
Attachments
Snap6.jpg
Snap6.jpg (151.55 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Slightly modified default main screen (wording, size and placement, plus the addition of a button for Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite.

Download

Attachments
Snap7.jpg
Snap7.jpg (155.1 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

RE: Modified Main Screens

Post by Tac2i »

Another modified default main screen (wording, size and placement, plus the addition of a button for Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite, Vic's VR Designs website, a download link for my NATO counters mod and a link to this ATG forum)

Download

Attachments
ATG255.jpg
ATG255.jpg (155.42 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

"...and a link to this ATG forum..."

Hmm nice touch there, got questions zip straight to the ATG forum where all of your questions will be answered.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

My latest main screen (and personal favorite) with v2.20c support: only change is the addition of a button (Officers Random Game v2) that launches anewdawn2.at2. This replaced the button to launch the Classic AT game (classic.at2) but the file is still available to load manually. If you are using Vic's latest beta patch (2.20m), edit the defaultmod.txt to point to anewdawn3.at2.

Download defaultmod.txt To use replace same file in the root folder of ATG.

For those new to ATG, the random game buttons are as follows:

Standard Random Game (generic.at2) - no officers, no tank models
Alt Gfx Random Game(generic2.at2) - no officers, no tank models, no climate options, uses alternate map graphics
Officers Random Game (anewdawn.at2) - no tank models
Officers Random Game v2 (anewdawn2.at2) - includes new tank modeling feature (requires ATG v2.20c)
Note: there is now a anewdawn3.at2 if you are using Vic's latest beta patch (v2.20m) that includes an awesome TO&E feature.
Enhanced Random Game (enhanced.at2) - no tank models (yet), requires Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite (must rename his at2 file to enhanced.at2).

Attachments
atgmain220.jpg
atgmain220.jpg (292.73 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'm curious. How many of you are using one of these replacement screens? I'm currently using the last one I made that supports v2.20.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Kaldadarnes

Post by Kaldadarnes »

I'm using the modified screens still, not sure which version. V2.15i at the moment I think (really must update...)
Omnia Videmus

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”