Advanced Tactics: Gold v2.15i Update

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Philkian

Advanced Tactics: Gold v2.15i Update

Post by Philkian »

We are releasing a new update for Advaced Tactics Gold. The v2.15i update contains numerous additions and improvements. Some rare AI bugs, low staff points and issues with intelligence cards have been fixed and training cards now are able to select any HQ in the chain under command of the officer in question. Big improvements have been made on the AI and a new variant for random games (“cheap research”) has been added. This update also ensures full compatibility with Windows 8.

Below is the full changelog:

V2.15i – August 28, 2013

• Bug Fixes
o Added code to prevent the freak memory bug with the new windows 7 KB 2670838 update, also improved games memory consumption.
o Fixed some rare ai bug
o Fixed some issues with intelligence card and made training card now able to select any HQ in chain under command of officer in question.
o "If you dont have the PP for HQ+officer you cannot make HQ without officer even if you have the PP" issue solved
o “Officer pool inspect officer details makes viewing map officers impossible" issue fixed.
o English officer low staff points issue fixed
o Added new variant for random games: cheap research
o Issue with AI stockpiling to much troops fixed
o Issue with extreme amount of troops in battles fixed (>4000 individuals)
o AI transfer algorithm improved
o AI Supply and Staff production algorithm improved
o AI Naval production much improved
o AI Naval use much improved
o AI some HQ chains transfer algorithms improved
o Added some checks and execs
o New generic2.at2 file fixed the gfx problem with alt.gfx
o New form open mechanic to fix win8 problems.

The v2.15i update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Advanced Tactics: Gold to v2.15i. To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or on the game’s download page.
Josh

RE: Advanced Tactics: Gold v2.15i Update

Post by Josh »

[&o]
jday305

Post by jday305 »

Just loaded the new update...can't wait to start up a new game to see the results.
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

My NATO Counters Mod for Random Games updated to support v2.15i. Currently I'm thinking of ceasing future support of this particular mod in favor of this one: Solitaire/Multiplayer NATO Mod. It is much less time consuming and less error prone to maintain.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

My NATO Counters Mod for Random Games updated to support v2.15i. Currently I'm thinking of ceasing future support of this particular mod in favor of this one: Solitaire/Multiplayer NATO Mod. It is much less time consuming and less error prone to maintain.

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping one day Vic might include it in vanilla ATG.
How come this is more likely to give errors than on solitaire maps? [&:]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

All I'm saying is that one mod as a lot more detail to attend to as I update it for each new patch, thus more opportunity for me to make a mistake. Mistakes have been few and are easily corrected. That said, I'm thinking maintaining a single NATO mod would be less confusing for users.
ORIGINAL: Josh

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping one day Vic might include it in vanilla ATG.
How come this is more likely to give errors than on solitaire maps? [&:]
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Ajantaka

Post by Ajantaka »

The new update looks very good. But where can I find instructions on how to use all the new things? For instance I see we now have generals but I don't know how to rename them or move them or assign them to specific hqs ect. Where is this officer pool you speak of?

Is it really true that the ai will now build and fight navies?

Thanks
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

To rename, simply click on their name. To access the officer pool see screenshot below.
ORIGINAL: Ajantaka

The new update looks very good. But where can I find instructions on how to use all the new things? For instance I see we now have generals but I don't know how to rename them or move them or assign them to specific hqs ect. Where is this officer pool you speak of?

Thanks

Attachments
hq1.jpg
hq1.jpg (122.15 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Officer Pool...

Attachments
hq2.jpg
hq2.jpg (98.18 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

ricanuck

Post by ricanuck »

I am fighting AI navies all right... mind you, it's the normal AI, not AI+ or higher.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Vic, I know you are probably up to your neck in work on DC3 and (workname) Empire but I thought there was at least one more patch slated for ATG. I recall you mentioning a feature that would allow you to design and build your own armored vehicles. Is this and perhaps a small number of other improvements still planned?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Vic

Post by Vic »

Vic, I know you are probably up to your neck in work on DC3 and (workname) Empire but I thought there was at least one more patch slated for ATG. I recall you mentioning a feature that would allow you to design and build your own armored vehicles. Is this and perhaps a small number of other improvements still planned?

Yes I did say that. However I have to be honest there is little time available to me due to a big number of reasons. I would like to see that feature out with ATG though.

What might be an option is that I release the engine features (which were mostly finished) and documentation but do not include an implementation except maybe an example scenario.

Best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”