shadows help -construction stalled

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

johnmills

shadows help -construction stalled

Post by johnmills »

hey
I don't understand why but construction is stalled. everywhere. always.
I never had any problems with that in rots and legends and now I can't even build mining stations to gather the resources I need to build mining stations and the pirates won't smuggle them for me. and if they do it doesn't effect the construction ships.

plus, the private sector won't build any passenger ships. why???

I have all the necessary free resources in my home planet... why won't they take it from there?!? it works differently in shadows?

maybe I expanded my empire too fast or didn't strip the designs to the bare minimum?
how can I make the construction ships go get the stuff they need from my capital?
thanks

Shark7

RE: shadows help -construction stalled

Post by Shark7 »

You don't have enough mines built. Also keep in mind that mines and bases do auto-upgrade now. To prevent mass construction stallings, it is advisable to not auto-update mines, and to only do one type at a time. I usually redesign the gas mines first, give it an hour so they all finish their upgrades, then redesign my regular mines.

I turned off auto ship design, since I prefer to have more control over the upgrades.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
johnmills

Post by johnmills »

I do design them manually, and removed all weapons. maybe I built too much too soon...
but still, why does it stall when I do have the unreserved resources in my capital?

and why no passenger ships? not enough resources for the privet sector?
and I understand that unlike before , when you build a small spaceport in a new planet you have to smuggle everything? the freighters won't transfer from the capital?
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: johnmills

I do design them manually, and removed all weapons. maybe I built too much too soon...
but still, why does it stall when I do have the unreserved resources in my capital?

and why no passenger ships? not enough resources for the privet sector?
and I understand that unlike before , when you build a small spaceport in a new planet you have to smuggle everything? the freighters won't transfer from the capital?

I wouldn't disarm the mines, pirates will destroy them and ruin your economy. You might check and make sure this isn't happening.

The problem with building a small space port on every planet is that they all require a set amount of resources, which you can't supply. As recommended by the developer, you want no more than 1 space port per 5-6 colonies. I can attest to this, it makes the shortages almost completely dissapear, even on extreme difficulty.

For the planet bonuses, I suggest designing a small star base with recreation and medical components to be built at each planet...make it cheap and consider it an expendable asset if it is attacked. Remember size matters, the smaller the base, the less it costs you in maintenance charges.
Distant Worlds Fan

mSterian

Post by mSterian »

If you have some resources with stock MINUS. Like... -3.6k or something, that might be the reason. It happens to me quite often.
When stock goes into minus, freighters stop importing it.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

ORIGINAL: mSterian

If you have some resources with stock MINUS. Like... -3.6k or something, that might be the reason. It happens to me quite often.
When stock goes into minus, freighters stop importing it.
Thanks for noting this. I had a severe 'Steel' shortage. Forced Smuggling missions, ordered Mines and Mining Ships to several 'Steel' locations. Yet the shortage would never go away.
Resource planner kept saying I had more than sufficient sources to meet demand.

Then I looked in detail and saw that my homeworld Space Port was somehow eating the 'Steel'. No matter how much was shipped in, the local amount stayed at Zero.

In my case I was able to 'fix' it with a save and reload of the game.
mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Yes I've noticed this happening sometimes as well.

Resource management and stocking seems to be bugged as hell. There's not ONE single game where I don't have resource problems due to game bugs.

Either there's a station that is "eating" resourced a.k.a. resources get dropped off but they neither contribute to any construction neither do the stay in stock. They just disappear.

Either freighters are STUPIDLY moving cargo around mined resources from mining bases even though that resource is nowhere near a priority. Hell.. it's sometimes the resource I have most of.

Either I don't have a access to a resource but no one seems to sell me some.

THis is the biggest problem of the game at the moment :((
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Yes I've noticed this happening sometimes as well.

Resource management and stocking seems to be bugged as hell. There's not ONE single game where I don't have resource problems due to game bugs.

Either there's a station that is "eating" resourced a.k.a. resources get dropped off but they neither contribute to any construction neither do the stay in stock. They just disappear.

Either freighters are STUPIDLY moving cargo around mined resources from mining bases even though that resource is nowhere near a priority. Hell.. it's sometimes the resource I have most of.

Either I don't have a access to a resource but no one seems to sell me some.

THis is the biggest problem of the game at the moment :((

Actually the planets are literally eating your resources. Star ports also draw directly from the planets stock and vice versa. You can in fact make star ports with no cargo bays on them and it has no negative effects. So stuff that is getting dropped off at XQ28 star port may in fact be going to planet XQ28 to satisfy its resource requirements.

Planets using up the resources is working as intended.
Distant Worlds Fan

mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Shark. My experience is while playing as pirates, with a Star Port not on a colony.
And besides, no planet eats 2.4k of a resource instantly.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Shark. My experience is while playing as pirates, with a Star Port not on a colony.

As pirates you will have to have the cargo bays. And are you sure you don't have stuff waiting to build. Also check your cargo, sometimes the star ports convert resources into components. Check to make sure that hasn't happened.
Distant Worlds Fan

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Build slowly, a little at a time and I don't have to many issues with resources.[8D]
cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
soilwork595

Post by soilwork595 »

I'm having the same problem sort of. It won't let me construct a resort base on a black hole. It just says CANNOT BUILD. Its really close to my home system and I have the money for it, but I don't understand why I can't build a resort base there. I checked the construction menu to see if I am missing any resources and says I don't have Silicon, which I do (2.3k). I am able to build a weapons base there and that requires more Silicon to build then that resort base. I don't know why I can't build it there. Any suggestions?
soilwork595

Post by soilwork595 »

Nvm, figured out the resort base was bigger than my construction size allowed. Strange I don't remember them being that big off the bat and have to go 3 techs deep to get it
Plant

Post by Plant »

If you think it is a bug, go post it in tech support. If it turns out it isn't a bug, they would usually tell you what is happening.
ReadeB

Post by ReadeB »

I have said this before, but....

I would like a way to see the resource missions that the private sector is running and be able to prioritize/redistribute them, maybe with a financial bonus.

That way you could see that small freighter that's stranded in another system with the mission to bring steel to your gas mining station.

I assume this is what is going on, because resource requirements do seem to eventually get met.

Return to “The War Room”