Excellent Bulge maps

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

TAIL GUNNER

Excellent Bulge maps

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Some may not know, but all the excellent maps from Panther Games 'Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge' have been imported into Google Earth.

Just overlay your CS grid!

Here, I'm thinking of a mini-LCG featuring the exploits of the 18. Volks-Grenadier Division as it surrounds US troops in the Schnee Eifel then onto St. Vith and possibly beyond..

Get it here.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (105.36 KiB) Viewed 51 times
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
wings7

RE: Excellent Bulge maps

Post by wings7 »

Chad, a little late in coming but thanks for the info, good info to have!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Well in my excitement at this find, I failed to notice the map I'm working on doesn't quite line up with some of the towns and roads in Google Earth.....of course I only found this after about 90% of the Losheim Gap map was ported and couldn't figure out why the Our River wasn't transferring properly....damn![:@]

But, I figure I'll redo it once we have 18 elevation levels (instead of only 12) to play with...
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

The only thing that may not line up on the Command Ops maps are roads along major rivers. These roads had to be adjusted in some cases to accommodate the peculiarities of the map movement grid generator.

Everything else was digitized directly from 1943 GSGS maps of Belgium.[:)]
simovitch

TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Well the maps are beautiful, I'm just saying they weren't precisely imported into Google Earth.....a miniscule amount in the grand scheme of things...1-2 hexes max.

Almost done porting the Losheim Gap map into the WF editor...but I think to extend it about a dozen more hexes south to cover all ops of the 62. VGD as well.

Can you tell me what this terrain represents? Broken (rough) terrain?

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (4.08 KiB) Viewed 49 times
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Looks like light woods. We didn't use much rough terrain on these maps like we did on the Greece/Crete maps.
simovitch

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”