Isolated Bases

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Capt. Harlock

Isolated Bases

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Something else that seems to be hard-wired besides Japanese Oil: bases on the eastern coast of China are permanently isolated from routine supply for the Allies. It doesn't matter if the Japanese have no Air Zones over the bases and the Allies have plenty. The game code does not seem to be able to wrap itself around the Japanese losing control in this area. ( And yet historically I believe the Chinese managed to break through to the sea in southeastern China.) Very annoying, especially considering that Dakota transport is unreliable.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Skipjack_

RE: Isolated Bases

Post by Skipjack_ »

I have noticed that with other bases - Anchorage, Perth have been isolated after recapture. Adelaide seems to be out no matter what (bug?). I think in some cases it may be their is a distance limit on how far supply routes can reach from the U.S. west coast.
Cuthalin

Post by Cuthalin »

I agree Capt.

I have captured All bases except those between Nagasaki and Tokyo.
Massive air power and NO ENEMY ZOC affecting passage to Chinese bases.
However ALL chinese coastal bases, from Canton, past Amoy and on up the Gulf are classed as Isolated.
Only Hong Kong gets supplied by routine.
It must be hard-wired that all China gets internal supply or Dakota supply only.
However they do show up on the Oil & Supply prodution lists!!

Adelaide also is isolated!! AND has a Factory producing Mosquitos!!
Tony4245

Post by Tony4245 »

ORIGINAL: Cuthalin
I have captured All bases except those between Nagasaki and Tokyo.
Massive air power and NO ENEMY ZOC affecting passage to Chinese bases.
However ALL chinese coastal bases, from Canton, past Amoy and on up the Gulf are classed as Isolated.
Only Hong Kong gets supplied by routine.
It must be hard-wired that all China gets internal supply or Dakota supply only.
However they do show up on the Oil & Supply prodution lists!!

Adelaide also is isolated!! AND has a Factory producing Mosquitos!!

One of them "phenomena", I expect.

[&:]
"BEEBLEBROX. Just be glad he's out there."

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”