Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

RE: The bird cage as an allegorical device

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour
That Willamette Valley is the place I ought a be.

So you loaded up the family and you headed to Beverly? [;)]
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

You know you west coast people really ought to stop hog'n all the Oregon Pinot noirs.

ps That Willamette Valley is the place I ought a be.
pss Is that a Calif. Cab? Hard to tell with old orbs in the socket.

I have to agree with you on this one .. some very excellent tasting Pinot Noirs are coming from the Willamette Valley .. certainly in my opinion a much better value than the Napa Valley ... maybe not quite as good although wine tasting is a personal preference and the spectrum dry oak taste with various fruit/vanilla/chocolate finishes being even more of a religion of what makes a great Pinot Noir ... I might suggest some of the Pinot Noirs coming from Paso Robles being of excellent value The region does not have the haute sophistication of Napa valley but the grapes are thriving ..as long as you are not trying to imagine the home from which it came .. the wines are quite good in my opinion ... [8D]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

OT:

Hey Cap,

As ur PM box is full a usual. U joining the basic League again this year?
Not that i have recieved any mail......
Just cuz u win the League the first time u ever try fantasy football and then as a European against 11 Americans and braggs about it. U some how gets excluded, how rude! [:D]

Rasmus
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Hills that is....swimming pools movies stars....[8D]

(pre decorated to save time)
Attachments
jethro.jpg
jethro.jpg (32.59 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Walloc

OT:

Hey Cap,

Just cuz u win the League the first time u ever try fantasy football and then as a European against 11 Americans and braggs about it. U some how gets excluded, how rude! [:D]

Rasmus

And one time Yamato got sunk by a PT boat too. [:)] Send an email to Paul. I think he has to invite you. I am going to put Aaron Hernandez as my top pick. I'm going for full Hispanic team too. Mark Sanchez as QB
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

OT:

Hey Cap,

Rasmus

And one time Yamato got sunk by a PT boat too. [:)] Send an email to Paul. I think he has to invite you. I am going to put Aaron Hernandez as my top pick. I'm going for full Hispanic team too. Mark Sanchez as QB

Yadda Yadda, IIRC we played 3 matches or was it 2 and WHOM won all of those? [:'(]
Ofc it was the only matches i won and still some how we both made it to the final.
Its more like a PT boat sinking the Yamato with its 12.7mm as its out of torps.[;)]

Rasmus, hey Aaron did fine last year for me except he was injured for like 8 or so games out 12.
Cap Mandrake

RE: The strawberry as an allegorical device

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Phantom naval support?

Several bases in Luzon seem to have more naval support points than exist among the units at the base? Are these outside contractors, M&M Enterprises, perhaps? Some kind of odd naval support CAP from adjoining bases? Something intrinsic to Luzon bases? Perhaps a nod by the AI to the extraordinary good looks of the Arried High Command?
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I offer the example of Naga, listed as 117 naval support.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (100.13 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Units at Naga.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Cebu USN base force. 100 naval support. The SeaBees have none. By ra way, I'm not sure what these whining malingerers have to complain about morale-wise. The nearest LYB's are 170 miles away in Manira and they don't have any pranes that work.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (91.31 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

U have a Naval HQ in range some where, right?

Rasmus
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Rasmus

Perhaps SWPAC HQ? I am pretty sure they have naval support points. They are in Iba. Do you mean to tell me they can magically project heavy equipment over 200 miles of LYB-infested jungle?
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Does anyone else find sub patrol plotting tedious? I sent some US subs to the Bay of Bengal so I don't have to worry about them [:)]

How cool would Engrish ranguage text commands be? "Subron 3 to patrol the East China Sea West of Tokara Retto."

What is more annoying is setting a patrol area for a sub not currently in that area. First point is great.. then when you have to select the second and third patrol point, it brings the screen all the way back to the area the sub is currently located, not right next the the previous patrol point you selected. Very annorring...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Units at Naga.

Samir Naga..naga...not gunna work here anymore

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Naval Support is shared..or something along those lines if it is in range.. something like that.. has to do with HQs if I remember the manual correctly.

ALFRED!!??

Dez caught it
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Perhaps SWPAC HQ? I am pretty sure they have naval support points. They are in Iba. Do you mean to tell me they can magically project heavy equipment over 200 miles of LYB-infested jungle?

Of all ppl, Cap u should know that when a staff gets involved ANY THING becomes a possibility.

As spoken by a former staff clerk in the Danish army,

Rasmus

P.S Sign up, u know where!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Rasmus

Well, no, but they can provide support over the phone. You know like you get phone support for a PC or possibly a mental health support network. Maybe the lack of support is why your poor widdle sea-bee-wee-bees have a 45 morale-they're not getting the 'support' they need from afar. Boo hoo... Crybaby Allied dogs!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Double post...
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

****************Service Office, Naga Port Facilities, May 6, 1943(c)****************

Voice on phone: Good morning. Thees EES Southwest Pacific Headquarters Naval Support Help Line. Thees EES Jugdish.....ohhh...good golly, hehehe, I mean thees ees Michael. How may I provide you excellent service?

CPO Head-Gaskett, Cebu USN Engineering Heavy Maint. Coy: <on phone> Look....Michael. We need two after bilge pump rebuild kits for a Liberty ship.

Voice on phone: OK, if I understand correctly you need to pump a bilge kit after liberty. Sgt., have you tried rebooting the bilge pump?

CPO Head-Gaskett, Cebu USN Engineering Heavy Maint. Coy: Oh sweet baby Jesus! Look, Michael, do you have a level 2 tech guy?
Lomri

Post by Lomri »

nav support and AV from HQ's has a radius. This reflects that the big boss is watching so everyone works harder. It says so in the manual, trust me. Plus they print out leaflets that say "lift with your knees". (Also why moral is low).

Return to “After Action Reports”