Release question - NOT a release date question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Numdydar

Release question - NOT a release date question

Post by Numdydar »

I just was wondering if ADG will need to sign off on the game before Matrix can release it? Considering it based on their IP I assume they would want to have some say in what will be the initial release. If this is true, then that would also add to the time that the game is ready to actually be sold.

So the process could look like:

MWiF is ready for release
ADG has X number of days/weeks to approve release
Game is actually released

Of course by now, I would hope that ADG has complete faith in Steve so if Steve says it is ready, then that would be good enough for them [:)]

If this question is not something that can be answered, then I am fine with that, but just thought I would throw it out there our of curosity's sake [:)]
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Release question - NOT a release date question

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I just was wondering if ADG will need to sign off on the game before Matrix can release it? Considering it based on their IP I assume they would want to have some say in what will be the initial release. If this is true, then that would also add to the time that the game is ready to actually be sold.

So the process could look like:

MWiF is ready for release
ADG has X number of days/weeks to approve release
Game is actually released

Of course by now, I would hope that ADG has complete faith in Steve so if Steve says it is ready, then that would be good enough for them [:)]

If this question is not something that can be answered, then I am fine with that, but just thought I would throw it out there our of curosity's sake [:)]
ADG is not directly involved in the development of MWIF. However, Harry Rowland has been very accommodating in answering a slew of my questions about the rules - and some about the map and units too.

As I understand it, Matrix is working with ADG on jointly marketing MWIF. But I am extremely vague about those details (assuming they have been worked out at all).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

My grandfather was waiting for the release of this game when he was still in his teens.............................
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

My grandfather was waiting for the release of this game when he was still in his teens.............................
Appalachian family? [:D]
Paul
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

hehe.....close!!!!

I remember complaining 2 years ago about the release date being well overdue............

Return to “World in Flames”