Russian units being reorganized

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

AFV

Russian units being reorganized

Post by AFV »

How does the game determine which tank divisions will turn into brigades, in place on the map, and which ones will be taken off the map to be reorganized? Is it the same ones every time? Based on moral, TOE? Random?

On the same vein, how is it determined when mech divisions get converted into rifle divisions?
Seminole

RE: Russian units being reorganized

Post by Seminole »

One other question on this subject. If an armored div achieves Guards status and is re-organized as a brigade, does it lose that designation. Same question for Mot. Div.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

A routed TD that rallies have a % chance (20?) to instead re-org as a TB off map.

Non-routed TD/MD have a % chance (20?) to upgrade in place to a TB/RD. A routed unit will stay as is.

There are no Guards TD/MD (no TOE). I think a TD/MD upgrading on map will keep its win/loss record.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

There are no Guards TD/MD (no TOE). I think a TD/MD upgrading on map will keep its win/loss record.

Maybe it is a bug, but I have a Tank division and a Motorized division in my current game that achieved Guards status. It is October of '41. I'll check when I get my turn back (server game), but if I remember correctly the TD had a 10-0 win/loss record. Don't remember what the record was for the Motorized division.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I found the answer to one question: The Motorized Div re-organized this turn on map as a rifle division and retained Guards status (10-1 record), but it was named 1st Guards Rifle Division although that designation was already taken, so I have two 1st Guards Rifle Divisions now.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

If you have a turn with the Mot Guard, I'd be interested in a screen shot showing the TOE number like:

Attachments
GuardMot.jpg
GuardMot.jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 50 times
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

It is a server game, so I don't have the save.
I just submitted my turn after the re-org, but I have PM'ed Elmo, so hopefully he can pull my opponent's save and repeat the bug. Perhaps he can also answer your question.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

1st Guards Tank Division re-organized on map to 41a Tank bde TOE and retained Guards status. No other Guards tank bde, so no naming bug on this unit.
Mike13z50

Post by Mike13z50 »

Here is a screen cap of my only Guards Tank Div, this was from when the game first came out, my first campaign on easy mode.

Attachments
GuardsTankDivision.jpg
GuardsTankDivision.jpg (190.5 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Ketza

Post by Ketza »

I once had 3 guards tank divsions. They all became brigades which in turn became the 1st Guards tank corp.

Return to “The War Room”