Version 1.05

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

garydj

Version 1.05

Post by garydj »

Hi

I'm just wondering when the next patch for Time of Fury will be released. The reason I'm asking is I'm hoping a new version will fix the frequent crashes that occur in v1.04.

Cheers

Gary
Rasputitsa

RE: Version 1.05

Post by Rasputitsa »

Certainly had more CTDS with 1.04 than with any other version of TOF, with no sense to it. Sometimes a scenario, or saved game will load, sometimes not. It mainly fails at about the 80% point in the load, sometimes at about 20%, I am attempting editing and some file mods so I am not too surprised.

However, when a scenario has loaded and some progress has been made with saved games, it seems to be stable, but it is odd that a load will fail and then start on the second attempt, with the same scenario, or saved game.

Loading a reliable stock scenario first seems to increase the chance of another scenario, or saved game, loading successfully afterwards, the second load seems to go faster.[&:]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

As I have maintained and been razzed for.....I am sticking with 1.02. IT works. From moment I loaded 1.03 I had months of trouble and ZERO playing time. When 1.04 arrived it got no better. Tons of support from from here and Matrix Games all to no avail. So one last total uninstall and registry clean and a 1.02 install and not one problem since!!! So for the foreseeable future I am opting to be able to play then to Crash. Maybe 1.09 will be the answer!?! or maybe as poster said not releasing an enitrely new product every month and perfecting the ones already out would be wiser....IMHO...
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

When I first loaded 1.04 on my new WIN8 laptop, I got many CTD's that I wasn't getting on my older WINXP desktop. My son-in-law changed the properties of the load icon to have it load in WINXP mode, and the CFD's went away. That is until this morning. I went to load a PBEM game (turn 47) and I got a CTD with an error message stating that TOF stopped working and WIN8 had to close it and was looking for a solution.
JRR
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

So far I have received only one save game with confirmed crash.

If the game crashes for any of you, please send it to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

I did and you tried very hard to help and I appreciated it but we never found a cure. I tried Matrix Games and they also put in a tireless effort but again with no cure. I have zero complaints with customer service - my issue is with the game after 1.02 that is sporadic for users....some have no issues, many have some, and a few have all the issues possible.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader
So far I have received only one save game with confirmed crash.

If the game crashes for any of you, please send it to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com

I don't so much get CTDs during the game, it's mostly failure to load, but the scenarios and game saves will load eventually, especially if a stock scenario has been loaded first, then back to main menu and re-try. So it's not so much the games, but the loading.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

problems with 1.04
windows 7 home edition

gets about 1 inch into red from left...when loading web or custom saved game.
it loaded the stock starting scenario ok.
I then tried loading the custom saved file...which promptly failed at same location.

I somewhere read there may be a beta 1.05 version which may improve the load mechanism.
have yet to try it. it is not yet "official" per the original game screen where one can check for updates.

the web saved game has the same problem. :(
Ottawa Canada
613 837 8978
(note...voice mail will say leave a message...but I am usually home(not wed morn or tue eve).
it is voice sounding...so if you identify yourself as Matrix/Slitherine calling for Mike
I or wife should pick up.
shermanwar

Post by shermanwar »

Good luck! I am still using version 1.1 -The only version that works from what I have experienced with 1.02 and 1.03....and read about 1.04 and now apparently 1.05. I had the same problem and got lots of help and thanked them for it but no one (doom or Matrix) could figure out the problem (though not for a lack of trying for sure). SO I reverted to the old "boring" 1.1....but it works!
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: MikeB

problems with 1.04
windows 7 home edition

gets about 1 inch into red from left...when loading web or custom saved game.
it loaded the stock starting scenario ok.
I then tried loading the custom saved file...which promptly failed at same location.

I somewhere read there may be a beta 1.05 version which may improve the load mechanism.
have yet to try it. it is not yet "official" per the original game screen where one can check for updates.

the web saved game has the same problem. :(
Ottawa Canada
613 837 8978
(note...voice mail will say leave a message...but I am usually home(not wed morn or tue eve).
it is voice sounding...so if you identify yourself as Matrix/Slitherine calling for Mike
I or wife should pick up.

My loading failures happen in the same place (saved game load fails at 20%, or 80%), but using the procedure - start from 'Custom' game with a stock scenario (usually same scenario the saved game uses), set the major power, usually Germany, to Human so the game doesn't run away in AI control. Once loaded go 'Back', or 'Return to Main Menu', then load the saved game I really wanted.

It often fails again, sometimes after several tries, but has always worked in the end, frustrating, but it may need several repeated attempts to get it going.

Return to “Tech Support”