1.05 alpha

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

doomtrader

1.05 alpha

Post by doomtrader »

I have decided to name it an Alpha, as Matrix guys always release beta before announcing the patch.
So here is a comprehensive 1.05 Alpha

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/634 ... 0patch.rar

2013-06-20[v1.05]
--Fixes
Fixed random crash caused by the AI multidirectional attack
Fixed random crash during the naval engagement

BTW: You might also be interested in this image:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1
gwgardner

RE: 1.05 alpha

Post by gwgardner »

Is there a fix for the loss of German SMPs after the fall of Poland?

Also, I note that the executable is TOF.exe. Whereas the 1.4 executable was TimeOfFury.exe. People are going to have to change their shortcuts or start the game with tof.exe.

[later] I played through a handsoff game to the fall of Poland, and see that a fix was made, dropping German SMPs to 11 (hopefully temporarily).

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Yes, it is fixed
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I want to install 1.05 alpha immediately, but I am in several (long) PBEM games. What can I do...or must I continue with 1.04?

PS. If any of my PBEM opponents want to do the same, could you let me know!
JRR
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

The best thing you can do is to make a copy of your installed game in different folder and put a patch at the top of it.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

rar file is now in a directory separate from my time of fury directory.

what does one do ...to enact the 1.05 in a separate file directory ?
"windows7 does not recognize what program with which to open the rar file"
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: MikeB
rar file is now in a directory separate from my time of fury directory.

what does one do ...to enact the 1.05 in a separate file directory ?
"windows7 does not recognize what program with which to open the rar file"

There are various utilities available on the web to open these files, I am using jZip free download, but there are others. I have installed a new vanilla copy of ToF, renamed at installation as 'TOF 1.05' to avoid overwriting previous copies of the game, copy and paste the 1.05a patch files into the new game directory to replace the existing data, audiere.dll, etc. files.

Use the 'tof' application icon to start the 1.05 version of the game.

I now have 9 copies of TOF on the HDD, different versions and modded games, so provided you rename them, you can have as many different copies as you want. Your game saves are keep in folder (Documents/My Games/Time of Fury/Saves) separate from the main TOF folder, so all copies of the game can access the game saves. Except that each game scenario folder contains an info file which has a game version noted twice and this must match the version of TOF you are trying to use with each saved game. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Doomtrader, in 1.05a, have you changed the odds for rail damage, or am I imagining a lot more rail damage, as attacking units move through rail hexes.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Doomtrader, in 1.05a, have you changed the odds for rail damage, or am I imagining a lot more rail damage, as attacking units move through rail hexes.

I wasn't aware that there were any odds for rail damage. You move through, they're 'damaged,' and have to be repaired.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner
ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

I wasn't aware that there were any odds for rail damage. You move through, they're 'damaged,' and have to be repaired.

Hmmm.. I might be confusing myself, but to speed up test games I have used the AI heavily and was surprised to see every rail hex on the front between AI Poland and AI USSR damaged. I guess the AI must have been through every rail hex in the area of advance, something you would normally avoid.

Must be remembering the discussion whether we could have odds for rail damage when rail hexes change control, ..... too many late nights, [>:][8|]

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

There's something going on with rail damage and it's not just 1.05a. I have been using 'Fall Weiss' for some short test games and am seeing rail damage in hexes that, AFAIK, no unit of any side has passed through. During the game rail gets damaged and repaired, so there is always some damaged rail hexes, but in an un-modified game, there's not that many, as they repair relatively quickly.

The end screen of a 'Fall Weiss' game, after Polish surrender, and when the USSR had been under AI, showed all the rail in the Soviet's fighting area as broken, which is what surprised me, you don't see that much rail damage during the game, which is what prompted the earlier post. OK, it's an end screen and maybe not representative of the actual game situation and, when I played USSR in both 1.05a and 1.04, it all worked normally for the vanilla settings in the scenario consts ini file.

Because I was paying more attention to rail damage, I started to notice rail damage occurring where no units were moving. I don't see this as a problem as I think rail damage it repaired too quickly and usually change scenario consts.ini files to delay it.

It's not a problem if random rail damage happens, it's a war, systems collapse, normal service breaks down, it's just something I hadn't noticed before.

Or have I been staring at this screen too long.[&:]

Turbo823

Post by Turbo823 »

Patch = Broken

It does not fix the crash to desktop that occurs when you try to play a Quick Start game. This has been reported before and apparently is not being addressed. The only patch that works is 1.02 and that patch seems to have balance issues.

Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Has this moved from Alpha to Beta?
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

or perhaps the question should be, is anyone still playing this?
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Still PBEM against a very good player. This game had a lot of potential. It has some serious flaws IMHO, so I am not as excited with it as I was when I started. I have also started playing ATG which I am finding to be a GREAT game!
JRR
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

what is ATG?
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Advanced Tactics Gold
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Oh, thanks agent, I even have that game - funny but I never play it
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I got ATG a short time ago when on sale and just started playing it (not very well though). So far I like it a lot. But I also like TOF and if you can get used to the naval problems (Fleets don't deter enemy fleets from invading, convoys route through med instead of around to suez. etc.) it can be a lot of fun and a nailbiter for either side (at least in PBEM).
JRR

Return to “Time of Fury”