Any wallpapers available?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

necaradan666

Any wallpapers available?

Post by necaradan666 »

I was just sorting through my images archive and realised I have no wallpapers for Distant Worlds, I looked through the game folders trying to find a nice image but most of them are far too small to be very good for a 1920x1080 desktop; the best was a large image of a Shakturi but it was still too small for a desktop without some fugly stretching or zooming. Checked Matrix Games site without luck and couldn't find anything for DW with a quick web search for user made art.

Any chance of some official Distant Worlds wallpaper?

btw... Do Ackdarians have tails or not? while I was looking for a nice wallpaper I noticed the racial mugshot images show no tail on the topdown shot, but the new troops images show Ackdarians as having tails.
jesuswhywhy

RE: Any wallpapers available?

Post by jesuswhywhy »

i bet someone could make phenomenal distant worlds art
MarQan

Post by MarQan »

Would be awesome! Like a small-scale advertising, only not in an "IN YO FACE" way.
iz aculi gubi
Kingah

Post by Kingah »

I am trying to make some.

One for the the Insectoid races.
One for the Freedom Aliance.
And one for the game in total with most of the races (There's no good pucture of Mortalen that I can find).

Only problem is the background.
For the Freedom Aliance the Mechanoid will ofc be the background, and the Insectoid, the Shakturi.
But for the Distant worlds one i want the picture that is on the Legends menu. I've been looking through all the files but i cant find it...
If anyone could tell me where to find it, or send me it I would truly appreciate it, and i'd post the wallpapers here for everyone to have.

//Sincerely Kingah
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

I was looking for official ones. I've checked the game files myself for something to paste together but I wasn't really interested in anything I found. I'm not at all interested in user made collages or anything either, they scream unofficial every time I see them, no matter how expertly created they might be. I rarely use mods for the same reason. I'm just like that.

I would have been happy if the splash/menu screen for Shadows was available in the game files and usable as a fullscreen wallpaper, but I can't access it. I assume it's stored inside some data file somewhere. eh either way, I got over it, it was only a passing thought.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'll see what we can do!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”