It's all the patch's fault!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

fbs

It's all the patch's fault!

Post by fbs »

As I put my most interesting battle against the German AI on hold, waiting for the patch to come out, I had no games to play.

Therefore I installed some Japanese game (Aeiou or something) to do some dungeon crawling. The game, being Japanese, gave the NPC ladies some armor sets that are either completely impractical or a masterstroke at distracting the enemy with such huge cleavage.

But I digress (I'm distracted). The game also gave me a pet. You'll notice the thing is pink. And has a pink headlace. And it cries and stomps the ground if I don't feed and wash and groom and play with it every 20 minutes. Now, in defense of the thingie, if I feed/wash/grom/play in time, it will bring me a gift (wrapped with a pink lace, of course). I wished the gift box would have an A20 howitzer for me to kill my flying rats, but alas it has some coins I have no idea what to do with them.

So there you have it: a grown up man reduced to washing a pet every 20 minutes to get some baffling coins. It's all the patch's fault.

Attachments
pet.jpg
pet.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 16 times
Lobster

RE: It's all the patch's fault!

Post by Lobster »

I don't know what is worse. You are playing this game and becoming a slave to a virtual pet or you admit to playing this game and becoming a slave to a virtual pet. [:D][:D][:D]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Board meetings have been interrupted due to participants having to care for their Tamagotchis. Noticeable productivity hits...
fbs

Post by fbs »

I hope the patch comes soon.

I must have 50 coins by now, and still have no idea what to do with them.

How sad it is the life a bored wargamers... :(

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”