Article on World War II artillery

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

LoneWulf63

Article on World War II artillery

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I found this article this morning about World War II artillery.

http://www.poeland.com/tanks/artillery/artillery.html

Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
LoneWulf63

RE: Article on World War II artillery

Post by LoneWulf63 »

After reading this article, particularly about dispersion, attenuation of fire due to range is fine as it is in JTCS (even if it has been abstracted). So, I recant everything I have said in my other posts about this matter. CB
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Thanks for doing the research Chris.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

You are very welcome RR. It would have been great if JT had designed how artillery is used in the game. Things he could have included would have been continuous fire missions and adjustment, concentration of fire, walking artillery barrages, IF opportunity fire, and so on. I don't foresee this ever being included in any new version (patch) of the game, but it would have been great to have had them. CB.
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

There is only so much you can do with 250 meters and six minute turns?
The abstracts are there to highlight the platoons of armor and infantry?

It's all good, until you make it ASL? [;)]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Aww, Ed, I loved ASL!! Still have them, all 3-4 sets of each module! No, but seriously, I know what you're saying, Squad Leader was VERY easy to play, ASL took a lot of study, I took to it and ran the games at the club we had, since I was knowledgeable, we could play a scenario rather quickly with me doing the combat results, and reference, as well as playing!! Used those rules for playing 1/285th micro armor as well! Rounds down to 5 inches=40m, wish I had the room to still play them...
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I have to agree with Ed. SL was a good game....you needed a Masters Degree in War Gaming to play ASL. CB
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

I enjoyed the fast play of SL. Hated the slow play of ASL. Simple rules and a fun game versus complex rules and a slow plodding game.

RR

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”