Using AI script or no?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mariof2

Using AI script or no?

Post by mariof2 »

Hi all,

If I build custom scenario to play againt the computer, do I need to turn off the "use AI button" in the editor?

I assume that means the game AI will not use the scripted AI that comes with the scenaro.

How does that affect gameplay? As in - does the game AI actually do anything (launch invasions, convoys, TFs, etc).

Or, does it just sit idle and just the A/C fly their assigned missions.

Any info Pretty please.
wdolson

RE: Using AI script or no?

Post by wdolson »

If you play against the computer with no AI, it will sort of defend itself (flying CAP, etc.), but you will pretty much walk all over it. The AI scripts are editable, but I don't know of anyone who has taken them on other than Andy who wrote the original scripts.

If you didn't change things too dramatically you might get away with using the old scripts.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

If you play against the computer with no AI, it will sort of defend itself (flying CAP, etc.), but you will pretty much walk all over it. The AI scripts are editable, but I don't know of anyone who has taken them on other than Andy who wrote the original scripts.

If you didn't change things too dramatically you might get away with using the old scripts.

Bill

Whoooa!!! I just checked the scenarios I normally use with the Editor (GC 01 & DaBabes Big (028)) for testing and neither of them reflect "use AI" for any of the locations under the Scenario Tab. I had assigned each what I thought were AI scripts (aei 001 thru 017) for each under the games SCEN folder.

Does this mean that all along I haven't been using any AI in my games??

I feel so stupid

Buck
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I just looked at the code. I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like the value is no longer used. So I don't think it matters whether you check it or not.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

I think I will direct the issue over to the Scenario Design section where those type guys hang out all the time.

Thank you Bill for your prompt response.

Buck
mariof2

Post by mariof2 »

thank you for the info.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”