What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Atts

What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Post by Atts »

As mentioned above, in Legends i think you use to be able to modify the desihn options a bit better, how many fighters, shields, etc. Currently running Shadows 1.9.0.9.

PS: I love shadows, so much has improved from legends however i think their should be an option for setting the old style of pirates.
Atts

RE: What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Post by Atts »

Apologies for double thread post, think I hit the refresh button at the wrong time.
Atts

Post by Atts »

Given what i've seen in the past couple of days playing through the game, I think these options where incorporated into the tech empnhasis options? I was under the impression they where specifically for research automation but i guess not?
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi Atts

Check out the new design template files in the designTemplates folder. These replace the old Legends-style design policy settings.

The Shadows Modding Guide has more details.

Thanks
Elliot
thebigpieman

Post by thebigpieman »

Shadows has a modding guide? When did this happen?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”