What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Atts

What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Post by Atts »

As mentioned above, in Legends i think you use to be able to modify the desihn options a bit better, how many fighters, shields, etc. Currently running Shadows 1.9.0.9.

PS: I love shadows, so much has improved from legends however i think their should be an option for setting the old style of pirates.
elliotg

RE: What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Post by elliotg »

Hi Atts

In Shadows you now have the design template files to give you full control over ship designs - this replaces the old Legends-style policy settings. See the Shadows Modding Guide for details.

For something closer to the old style pirates, try setting the pirate strength weaker in the first step (The Galaxy) of the game startup screen.

Thanks
Elliot
Tampa_Gamer

RE: What happened to the Tech Design Empire Options?

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

See the Shadows Modding Guide

Thanks
Elliot

I didn't know it was released yet, where is the guide located?
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”