Fatal Error preventing Gary Grigsby's World at War from starting (I'm using Beta Update v1.087)

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Centurian67

Fatal Error preventing Gary Grigsby's World at War from starting (I'm using Beta Update v1.087)

Post by Centurian67 »

Dear Support,

I have attempted to play Gary Grigsby's World at War (Beta Update v1.087) but the following error is preventing the game from starting "Error: Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt" My attempt to fix the problem has including:

* Attempting to run the game using various OS and graphics compatibility settings, including those recommended.

* Doing clean installs in different directory locations.

* Made sure that no other programs were running.

* Re-downloading the install package from my member area to ensure no file corruption. The install doesn't seem to have any issues aside from the fact that it does not actually create any shortcuts.

Beyond these basics, what do you suggest?
jchastain

Re: Fatal Error preventing Gary Grigsby's World at War from starting (I'm using Beta Update v1.087)

Post by jchastain »

10 years too late, but I was just messing around with some old files and ran into the exact same problem. What I discovered is that you cannot load just the most recent version. It isn't a full install, just the updated files. There are two versions available for download. You have to install the older 1.05 first, and then load the 1.2 patch on top of it.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”