[MOD compilation] Graphics/sound Overhaul (for newcomers)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Shuul

[MOD compilation] Graphics/sound Overhaul (for newcomers)

Post by Shuul »

Hi all!

While playing and having love with DW I tried many mods for it, but i was not really pleased with overall vanilla graphics and sounds, so i made a compilation for myself and now use it starting from Shadows expansion.
But then i thought that it would be cool to share it with you and new players in particular to enhance their experience with this game.

So basically, this mod changes many graphics and sounds of the game (and some shipsets for minor families and pirates).
I'm not sure I remember all mods I used to make this, here is the list:
Prothean Cycle mod, Mass effect mod, GEM enhancement mod, Kelthaniells shipyards, new explosions and some others that i dont remember.
I really thank mod makers and hope that they don't mind to share their work in such way [:)]

Installation: simply extract all folders to game root directory, overwrite original.

WARNING! it will replace original files, you can make backup of sounds and images folder if you want to use them or if you don't like the replacement!

Download link

I highly recommend to use it with Distant Worlds Extended mod link

Return to “Design and Modding”