Scourge of War: Chancellorsville LP Videos

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Philkian

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville LP Videos

Post by Philkian »

Today we share with you the LP videos of Scourge of War: Chancellorsville!

This playlist contains videos made by youtuber Steelwarrior77. The game showed is the full stand-alone Scourge of War: Chancellorsville. The video features the first battle, so that it can give an idea of the gameplay to those who never played Scourge of War before. Watch here!
leftydad

RE: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville LP Videos

Post by leftydad »

I own SOW and all the DLCs, plus nearly everything else Matrix sells, but this LP video -- like with the Gettysburg video -- is comical in that the troops don't follow commands, nothing seems to work correctly, chaos reigns, with the speaker shouting, "They are marching to their death, stop them!"

Who screens these videos, I wonder?

Oh well, just my two cents... [:)]
James
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

That was my complaint about the Gettysburg video they touted. I wonder if Matrix has even watched these videos.

I am here to say,however, that having gotten the game just two days ago, and playing through the tutorials, I don't see any of those problems.

GBS

Post by GBS »

You guys might want to mention this over on the Norbsoft forum. I couldn't watch them because of the narrators German (?) accent.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

The norbsoft forum actually has a forum thread dedicated to videos on SOW which hopefully will give you a better impression of the game. Here's a link to the forum. If you want some videos dealing with the game you can also check out the AAR thread here. I actually did a few SOW CV battles myself.

Again not trying to undercut the Matrix games but if your looking for another take. This is more of a historical discussion while I play but it shows CV gameplay.

Chancellorsville May 1st

Chancellorsville May 2nd

(I have a May 3rd and 4th scenario but I don't mean to spam just provide an alternative if this isn't doing it for ya.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I've watched a couple of your videos. Quite informative and well done. Thx.

biltong

Post by biltong »

Philikan, I doubt that you at Matrix do yourself a favour by promoting videos as awful as those being made by this steelwarrior guy. Obviously he has no clue what he ist doing and how the SoW games are working . This applies to his Gettysburg , Antietam and Chancellorsville videos !

The series is presented in a very bad way , best advice in my opinion is to stop advertising and linking them ...just my 2cents.

@GBS : Yes , it sounds like a german accent . Are you able to speak german without an accent ....or at all ?
Fallschirmjäger brauchen nur Messer
VManteuffel

Post by VManteuffel »

Nice stuff ! Thx a lot.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”