Does refit need a shipyard?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sieppo

Does refit need a shipyard?

Post by Sieppo »

Or will a certain size port suffice? Because I just had Rabaul start a refit when I was thinking that it needed a shipyard.
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
catwhoorg

RE: Does refit need a shipyard?

Post by catwhoorg »

Depends on the specific refit.
If you click on the refit information it will tell you the minimum shipyard size required. Many small ones are 0.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

Ok thanks!
> A diamond?
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

In the lower right of the ship's information screen is a yellow "Upgrade" then a date. That's where the yard size information is. You can also find out how long your unit will be out of action for, which is indicated by the "delay" number which is in days. Some are as high as 60+ meaning 2 months or more, so plan carefully.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

Found it, great. BTW does a larger shipyard mean quicker refit? I think not.
> A diamond?
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Well in truth it could, as there are other factors involved in repairs such as the port size if I am not mistaken and naval support. But I'm not totally sure what really counts. Certainly if you want to increase the speed in some yards then a larger yard is better as you can increase the rate by clicking "normal" all the way up to "critical" but of course that uses yard assets at a far higher rate. But with refits, I don't think clicking the normal button will impact at all. Repairs yes, but not refits.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal
ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Well in truth it could, as there are other factors involved in repairs such as the port size if I am not mistaken and naval support. But I'm not totally sure what really counts. Certainly if you want to increase the speed in some yards then a larger yard is better as you can increase the rate by clicking "normal" all the way up to "critical" but of course that uses yard assets at a far higher rate. But with refits, I don't think clicking the normal button will impact at all. Repairs yes, but not refits.

I don't believe you can speed up refits/upgrades.. its a hard number dispayed on the upgrade/refit information page.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

Yes and the day amount does not change with toggling pierside, shipyard etc.
> A diamond?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Refit is fixed number of days.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

The only way port/shipyard size influences the total time a ship is stood down for a refit is if the refit causes system/engine/float damage to the ship. Then the size can impact return to service date- but not the duration of the refit itself.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Ships under refit do not seem to have any impact of repair ship yards and capacity. I had 50 Fletcher DDs as well as a number of cruisers refitting at Singapore in 4/45 and they did not impact the repairs going on there. In fact, from what I can see. A majorly damaged ship can undergo refit at the same time-even a major refit and not add any extra time to the repairs. So,if you have a damaged BB with 120 days in the yard due and let her start a 90 day refit at the same time, it does not seem to add to the 120 days needed for repairs. So the best time to refit is when repairing damage. Makes sense in a way. They are going to be tearing the ship apart anyways.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

You are spot on. Refits/upgrades while a ship is being repared is a great way to knock out the refit/upgrade at the same time, thus keeping yard time to a minimum.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Many refits/conversions only need to disband in a port w/ the req'd shipyard size. Once the r/c is under way, the ship can be transferred to pierside mode, to free the dry-dock space.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”