Component Stacking

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

mSterian

Component Stacking

Post by mSterian »

Dear developers.
At the moment, it's very unclear what components stack and which don't.
For example I just read in f post that mining engines don't stack. Is that true?
Could you add such info to the game?
I shouldn't take too long as it's not any game design or upgrade change, just some extra text for each component: Stacks or Doesn't Stack.
Kayoz

RE: Component Stacking

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: mSterian
For example I just read in f post that mining engines don't stack. Is that true?

AFAIK, you gain little or nothing past 4 mineral or 3 gas extractors.

ref:
tm.asp?m=2966128
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Still, I shouldn't need to do such math when designing ships.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

mSterian, I fully agree more info should be available in-game e.g. what stacks. But as for optimisation of designs I quite like a game where some testing and analysis is required ... so long as the developer ensures the game mechanics are clear.
Plant

Post by Plant »

They should just do it so you only need one extractor for everything. Then write it down somewhere in the manual or galactopedia. That would be clearest of all.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

At example for mining or gas mining extractors. YOU can see at the Design screen how much you extract. At this way you can see that an addional extractor increaase the amount.
OK that there is a hard cap for the mining nowwhere is writen in the Galactopedia you only know this when you read/search the forum.

At the most other componets it is mostly clear if they stack or not. Excepteption are the repair bots they don't stack.
pndrev

Post by pndrev »

Having the information "stacks" or "does not stack" available would not make analysis and experimentation unnecessary. It would just help seeing what components need this kind of approach.

Return to “Tech Support”