Thoughts on replacement allocations

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Oberst_Klink

Thoughts on replacement allocations

Post by Oberst_Klink »

A general question about any information or 'guidelines' in general about allocation of replacements. I generally think in some scenarios there are simply too many. I try to master the art of allocation as realistic as possible, e.g. in my Kharkov '43 scenario which is being play-tested by SI-Forum members. Any ideas, suggestions, recommended reading?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
r6kunz

RE: Thoughts on replacement allocations

Post by r6kunz »

I agree. Even at 1% replacement rate, it seems like there are too many replacements. Especially in the AFV department. Ardennes, Road to Moscow and Two Weeks in Normandy are good scenarios to check this since there are quite detailed reports of before and after inventories. I have zeroed our the AFV replacements in some cases. Troops do not seem to be as much of a problem and I have often gone with the 1% replacement rate.
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
Shazman

RE: Thoughts on replacement allocations

Post by Shazman »

It would seem to me that a limited engagement that models just one battle would have very few replacements. Maybe just those training or replacement battalions each division had at the beginning of the battle. Plus the returning wounded/equipment provided through losses.

Return to “Scenario Design”