again st our wishes pbem game ends

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

freeboy

again st our wishes pbem game ends

Post by freeboy »

right in the midst of a dec counter attack where my red army has been destroyed, could not supply them in thesouth.. the game declairs my oonenet you is in dire condition and facing being totally over un from northern edge to Stalingrad.. game ends.. well, im super uposet as we invested over 100 hours each .. grrrr
"Tanks forward"
stonestriker

RE: again st our wishes pbem game ends

Post by stonestriker »

Have read you post several times, and I still have no idea what you are describing? Did the game end due to the Dismissal rule?
DC3 Bug Spotters Gold Logie award
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Yes, Freeboy....you must have had the dismissal rule clicked on. The High command will dismiss you (end the game) if prestige falls below a certain level for a certain number of turns (cant remember exactky the number of turns but I think it depends on the scenario). Are u playing Germans? I think this variant is only for Germans.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

NO
there was a FORCED end, neither of us wanted it and NO DISMISSAl RULe in play... aggravating to the max
"Tanks forward"
Vic

Post by Vic »

I do not understand what message the game gave for ending. Did you maybe play a short variant while thinking it was a long variant? Or one of you press the surrender button by any chance?

In general for long games if you want to have a backup situation play with regular PBEM (instead of PBEM++) so you can revert to an older turn if one of you makes a game destroying wrong move.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

i will ask my pbem opponent.. but the game said something about about taking Stalingrad... again I did not see the end message, he did, and the ODD thing is I held Stalingrad and was in the midst of my winter, without snow, counter attack..
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”